4th gear for VW auto Trans

not heard that either. My trike had standard 295/50/r15 tyres. It revved too high at cruising speeds. Changed to 275/60/r15 tyres- 5% more circumference. lowers revs about 200 at 60mph. This could be considered especially with the VW engine.

Now I'm going back to the old size due to towing a trailer with subaru ea81 now as my powerplant. more power and revs better but too high geared for towing weight.

I really dont know. What I do know is that when I did my research on converting to Subaru ea81 Brat/Brumby engine I found that the 3 gear ratios in the VW auto were almost identical to the Subaru Leone auto sedan on the 1980's here in Oz. So the brilliance of Subaru and VW engineers would have gotten the ratios at their best when they designed the auto in the first place. There are some things that should eb left as they are in my view and gear ratios in an auto is one of them. However:

There is a guy in Queensland Australia calls his web site www.subarugears.com and he makes reverse crown differentials in Subaru transaxles to fit Subaru engines that are mounted at the rear of vehicles. You can email him. Even with a VW engine you could get an adapter plate to a Subie transaxle and have 4 or 5 speed auto or 5 speed manual Subaru gearbox set up. He'll ship around the world.

Emailed a trans shop that is going to build my trans axle and he said if it's a 4 speed autostick, you can change the gears in it. They are just like a standard but with a torque converter. But a full automatic you can't do anything to change the gear ratio.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png