'98 1500 with new Roadsmith conversion

air1gun

Aug 9, 2011
Gallitzin, Pa. USA
Just got my wing back a few days ago after having a Roadsmith conv. installed. First day I picked up the trike I road about 120 miles. Not much but it was in constant 30mph winds with gusts of 40 to 50 mph. After 25 miles on the interstate with crosswinds of 40 to 50 mph I took to the 2 lane roads. Only saw 4 bikes out that day and they were all in town. Like most everyone says, I wish I would have done it sooner. After having it out for 3 afternoons and just over 500 miles I really really like it. Tried riding on different types of roads from interstate cruising at 70 mph to mountain roads with switchbacks and the more I ride the more I want to ride. Wife says it rides as comfy as the car but a lot more wind. Bad part is I live in central Pa. and the riding season is just about over. Every time I stopped for gas or coffee someone always commented on how nice the trike looked and asked questions. I have the 3 degree rake kit and aux. tank. So far gas mileage is avg. 34.

Congrats on your new Roadsmith. I just picked up my trike (09 Royal Star Venture) last Thursday, 10/13. I know the feeling. I felt just like you did. The only thing the weather here in Texas was beautiful. I rode it for 150 miles home. I rode mainly the back roads. It took about 40 to 50 miles before I was comfortable. I was getting about the same gas mileage. Just like you said, "I wish I have done it sooner". What a big difference in the ride. No more feet on the ground. AMEN!

Good luck with your new trike, and enjoy it. You only have a few more weeks to ride. I use to live in Orange County, New York. So I know what it's like to have to put the bike up for the winter. Now I don't have to do that. Take Care.

Go buy you and your wife a gerbing heated jacket liner and union ridge outer pants,plus their electric gloves and electic socks are insoles.
Also get the dual controler for each of you.
You can extend your riding season a lot.
I have rode on sunny days when it was 18 degrees out and stayed plenty warm.
My late wife rode several times with me when it was in the high twentys.
ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

Just got my wing back a few days ago after having a Roadsmith conv. installed. First day I picked up the trike I road about 120 miles. Not much but it was in constant 30mph winds with gusts of 40 to 50 mph. After 25 miles on the interstate with crosswinds of 40 to 50 mph I took to the 2 lane roads. Only saw 4 bikes out that day and they were all in town. Like most everyone says, I wish I would have done it sooner. After having it out for 3 afternoons and just over 500 miles I really really like it. Tried riding on different types of roads from interstate cruising at 70 mph to mountain roads with switchbacks and the more I ride the more I want to ride. Wife says it rides as comfy as the car but a lot more wind. Bad part is I live in central Pa. and the riding season is just about over. Every time I stopped for gas or coffee someone always commented on how nice the trike looked and asked questions. I have the 3 degree rake kit and aux. tank. So far gas mileage is avg. 34.

congrats glad you are having a great time

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png