Install prices

Oct 18, 2011
salt lake city, ut
Assuming that you have a prepainted kit installed , about how many hours should it take, and how much should it cost. I only have one trike conversion shop in my immediate area, and am curious if they are in the ball park on cost-or if I should ship my bike ar transport it to another shop. Just so you have the full story, it would be a 2003 roadking, and either a Champion-CSC-or Lehman kit. Of course I am not worried about a few hundred bucks-but I have no understanding of these dynamics, or am not framiliar with the local shop-just sayin! THANKS for any feedback on this.:confused::confused::confused:

My kit (Champion) was installed on my Fat Boy in '06 here in Southern Ohio. At that time all inclusive cost to me was about $10,500.00 including paint and rake kit. A friend had a Lehman kit installed by another dealer this summer on her Heritage, also with simple 2-tone paint to match. I believe her all inclusive cost was around $11,500.00. Neither of us added a lot of extras or any engine upgrades, so that was just the conversion. I'm sorry I don't know how many hours of labor that included, but perhaps it will give you an idea. Both installations were done at authorized Harley Davidson dealers.

My kit was installed in Feb 2010. The invoice breakdown shows Kit installation $900.00. Aqua Shields installation $275.00. The dealer also sold and installed about $700.00 worth of additional equipment such as Kuryakyn arm rests, luggage rack, and driver backrest with the kit. The total bill was about $ 11,400.00 before tax. Motor Trike Adventure Kit on 2009 Honda Goldwing 1800. Perhaps you can tell about what the installation is by comparing the totals. How long has the dealer been in business and what kind of reputation does he have? Sometimes the installation is adjusted according to how much a customer is buying, I would be more interested in what the total comes to.

Having looked at many websites and talking to a lot of the established and respected dealers and manufacturers, the current charge is typically around $1495 for an install on a large tour machine. I'm sure there are some who will do it for less or may offer to a discount on the entire purchase / install package (I do and I think most others do as well).

The simpler machines like the cruisers often come in for less. You will read over and over again on any forum you frequent, that the installer is the most important part of the buying process and I would agree with that 100%. I would advise you to negotiate as good a deal as you can, but don't discount the importance of getting a quality job by an experienced installer.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png