smaller honda trike

Oct 14, 2011
austin tx usa
I know the GW is the most desired trike platform, but I wonder if a smaller bike such as the VTX 1300 would work for me. The newer GW's are just too expensive for me. I would like to be able to ride around the country roads, but would also like to be able to get out on the highways and make longer trips. Would a smaller trike be ok for that kind of use? Most of the riding will be single, but would like to go two up with the wife at times.<br />
Gerald

I have 05 VTX1399S M/T. Have had it about a year. put about 4000 miles on it. No major problems (carb problem but that was because it sat unused for a long period) I about 250 wife 145 we a usually 2 up. Has ample power, runs great, handles wel (has a rake kit-from bazooka). Not as glitzy as the GW but not the price. any other question PM me

I test drove a VTX1300 MT I think it was a couple years ago at Davis Rally in Ia. It road nice. Unless you want new, I have ridden some 1500 Goldwings that rode nice and several we ride with have 1500's and really like them. I think triking out smaller bikes isn't alot less $ than bigger bikes. There is more storage on the wings.

Just my thoughts.

I see no reason not to trike a 1300 and head out. I have a 2009 750 Honda Shadow Aero trike and often hook up a 10 CF cargo trailer, grab the GF and do overnight trips to the mountains or Outer Banks. The Shadow now has 40K miles.

This past May I took a 6,300 mile trip out to California and back while towing the trailer. No problems. Cruised 65-70 MPH all day. Had a blast - snow and all. Camped along the way when I didn't drop in on friends.

If $$$ are a concern then check out the web for used trikes. You can find some great deals out there if you look far and wide and are willing to take a chance.

Go for it!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png