2010 Street Glide Trike Engine Guard and Steering Damper Bracket.

alkinsman

Oct 25, 2011
Maple Ridge, B.C. Canada
2010 Street Glide Trike Engine Guard and Steering Damper Bracket.

I purchased an engine guard and steering damper bracket to add to my 2010 Street Glide Trike from a Harley Dealer in Washington. It is a touring bike engine guard and with the bracket will allow me to install the guard and bracket so I can re-instal the steering damper. My problem is I don't have any drawing with this which shows the installation. I believe it is pretty simple but haven't tried it yet. I am wondering if anyone out there knows where i can get a pdf file or drawing showing how to instal the guard with the separated bracket for the damper. I have gone on harleys website and can't find one. Please help even if you could just let me know how to do it would be of assistance. Cheers........Al:

Re: 2010 Street Glide Trike Engine Guard and Steering Damper Bracket.

I don't have all my books with me so I only have the information for installing the top clamp on the engine guard and the steering damper to it. You will have to install the engine guard then put the top clamp which has the stud for the steering damper on, tighten the bolt which holds that clamp to 16-20 ft/lbs. Then reinstall the steering damper in the reverse order you took it apart and tighten the lock nut which goes on the stud that is on the engine guard clamp to 16-20 ft/lbs.

thanks very much for the info. i am sure I can fiqure it out but your input helps. I never received any bolts for the bottom of the guard but I assume it bolts up to where I already have a couple of bolts and if not I will go pick a couple up. Once again thanks!!!!....Cheers........Al

others interested in this project would benefit from pictures. Please.

The upper bracket can only go on one way. Pretty straightforward, one bolt. I modified the existing bracket. Here's a shot. (Excuse the dirt, just got back from a run.) I used the moustache bar with the upper foot rubber removed. I think the bar has nicer lines than the stock bar.

P1040438.jpg

I took off the lower fairings and put on Linby crash bars. Can use them as highway pegs. Different bracket. Anyway, whole process took about 10 minutes. There should be a caged bolt on the top of the crash bars. You insert the bracket with the caged bolt onto the square hole below the bolt hole. I insert a screw driver to hold it in place while I start the lower bolts to hold everything in place, then insert the Allan bolt through the steering damper bracket.

Good Luck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png