Cat Converter

Here is what HD has new for 2009
"'09s have some new features that reduce the heat felt by the rider. The largest change was in the routing of the exhaust system. Gone is the left side crossover pipe and the catalytic converter has been moved to within the header pipe. The exhaust crossover is instead routed under the bike, from the right side to join up with the left muffler. This change also allowed for a reshaping of the rear head pipe to keep it farther away from the rider"

Does my 09 Triglide have a catalytic converter? If so where? Someone told me that MOCO did'nt put them on the 09's. Thanks for your help.

In 2009 the only Harley touring bikes or trike equipped with a catalytic converter were the California emission compliant, over seas and CVO. The rest had no catalytic converter.

IF YOU LOOK NEAR THE CYLINDER HEADS OF BOTH PIPES YOU WILL SEE THAT THE
OXYGEN SESSOR GOES STRAIGHT INTO THE PIPIS. IE NO cat. pg 128 item 12 in parts catalog. you might also invest in a set of manuals for the '09 t/g, includeing the new elec. diagnostic manual. they are expensive, but informative.what else ya got to do during a snow and ice storm? i like to review troubles guts have with their t/g's ( in the books) so if i later have the same problem i can know whats going on and how to resolve or midugate it. like the WOW test.. yes there is a WOW test. good luck.lb

IF YOU LOOK NEAR THE CYLINDER HEADS OF BOTH PIPES YOU WILL SEE THAT THE
OXYGEN SESSOR GOES STRAIGHT INTO THE PIPIS. IE NO cat. pg 128 item 12 in parts catalog. you might also invest in a set of manuals for the '09 t/g, includeing the new elec. diagnostic manual. they are expensive, but informative.what else ya got to do during a snow and ice storm? i like to review troubles guts have with their t/g's ( in the books) so if i later have the same problem i can know whats going on and how to resolve or midugate it. like the WOW test.. yes there is a WOW test. good luck.lb

O2 sensor location isn't cat no cat specific, cat equipped 09's have the O2 sensors in the same location as the non cat equipped. The new O2 sensor size and location came with the 2010 MY when HD decided to go with a heated O2 sensor located farther away from the exhaust port with hopes they last longer plus the ECM uses Lambda vs AFR/CLB for tuning.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png