Brake rotors for Hannigan RSV

Call into Hannigan and talk to Jim Gooch. The rotors for the RSV are "hybrid" and are a Hannigan proprietary part. Should you wish, his direct email is jim.hms@apex.net However, I highly suggest calling as a first choice of contact with Jim. His plethera of responsibilities and duties render timely email exchanges somewhat lacking regardless of his honorable intentions and commitment to exemplary customer service.

Thanks, I'll quit searching the catalogs then and give Jim a call. While we're on the subject of brakes, do you have any basis of comparison between the Brembo pad and the EBC FA47HH ? The EBC is a replacement for the Brembo pad and after talking with the local Ducati service dept. they say many people prefer the EBC because they have better stopping power. He said he sells lots of them to 3 wheeled riders. Many Ducati's and Moto-Guzzi's use the Brembo brakes.

Is there an upgraded rotor & caliper we could use to increase braking power when towing a trailer ? The stock setup doesn't have much braking surface to haul down a 2up trike pulling a trailer. Seems it would overheat the brakes. All this may be a moot point because I have not yet run 2 up with a trailer, so am I worrying about nothing ?

Definitely questions to ask Gooch as well. Hannigan has done extensive testing of numerous caliper-rotor-pad combinations and seem to have discovered the optimal assembly to accomodate safety and performance for all facets of operations regarding the RSV trike.

Jim is for sure the one to ask on this,,,,,

I have no problem stopping pulling my camper @700+ pounds. I can lock up the back tires with no problems at all, with what it comes with brake wise.

That sounds like a glowing endorsement for what's on there. The trailer I pull is nowhere near 700# so I guess I should have no problems . Thanks for sharing that. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png