Built a teardrop trailer

Reaction score
After years of camping in tents,finally threw the towel in and decided on a teardrop trailer,could'nt believe what price they were asking or else it was cheaply made rubbish on ebay
firstly got mate to weld us up 7ftx4ft chassis

teardropchassis001-1.jpg

Cut and shaped plywood frame
RVroofon001.jpg

cut aluminium outer skin to shape
RVsallyskin003.jpg

Fitted window and door,insulated walls,roof and floor...Carpeted,built cubboard over bed.
RVwindowfitted003.jpg

finishedRV001.jpg

Ready for first rally,took trailer to weighbridge it weighed 220kg,trike weighs 540kg so around 30kg for cargo
maidenrun002.jpg

Have since built a battery box on Aframe for 12volt electric & light,fitted a CD/Radio...Awning for front...
rallypadawning001.jpg

That's absolutely adorable!! You'll be a hit at the next Rally in the Valley!!

Gets lots of attention at the rallies and the trike pulls it great,went to a rally in ireland in september,was really happy how it handled apart from the 26mpg in the wind:AGGHH:...Cant have comfort and economy.

Nice! I had a teardrop several years ago that I hauled with my van. It was yellow and white, and drew more stares and comments than my trike does!

Nice! I had a teardrop several years ago that I hauled with my van. It was yellow and white, and drew more stares and comments than my trike does!

Trikes pulling teardrops are quite a novelty here in the UK,cant count the amount of stares,flashes and beeps off other road users,plus the attention it attracks at the rallies.

Awesome effort!

I'm thinking of building a small trailer from a frame offered by Northern Tool just to haul my wife's mobility scooter. But I would need help just for that little box!

A tip of the hat to you!

GREAT looking Teardrop !!! Excellent work !

Thanks for kind comments,was my first attempt at little RV Building.Really enjoyed the challenging project and the next one will be alot easier.Thought you'd find the build interesting has the little RV's are more popular in the US...
Got building tips off the teardrop and little RV Forum.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png