ch...ch...chill out!

adaptolife

Nov 4, 2011
Lorida, Florida, USA
The weather guru calls for 45 degrees tonight in Sebring Floriduh, and I am going to ride Snarley in the morning. Coldest I have ridden in was 18 degrees. Where do you draw the line? What is too cold for trikin'?

Annual New Years Day Lunch Ride 2001 or 2002. It was 9 degrees when 11 of us left for lunch. Four or us actually made the entire ride. A couple of the riders never got to the city limit sign.

With my conversion in place and the Aqua Shields on I can see going to below 0. I live in West Texas but I must still have a pint or two of that thick Wisconsin blood in me. :D :D :D

I grew up in Minnesota, and you know they have long and cold winters. When I was young and foolish (one of those has been cured by time) we got back from snowmobiling and decided to break out the bikes. 5 of us got them going and took a ten mile ride. We all had on our snowmobile gear, and I borrowed a leather jacket big enough to go over mine for the ride. Learned a few things that day: A snowmobile is much warmer than a motorcycle - a lot of heat is directed toward you off the engine in front of you under the cowl rather than being blown away from the motor under you. I also learned that leather gets extremely stiff at 19° below. (That's -23.3C)

Nowadays I have a set of Gerbings gloves and jacket liner. I am comfortable down into the 30's, if I got heated pants below freezing would be no problem.

Left one time from Elko NV to Cheyenne WY the temp was 27 degrees and I ran 70 mph all the way. I don't know what the wind chill was at that speed but I had to break ice off my mask several times.

Hey, adapto!

I live in Lake Placid. One of my favorite short rides is 66 to 98 thru Lorida to 621 and back to Lake Placid thru the caladium fields.

Small world!

Left one time from Elko NV to Cheyenne WY the temp was 27 degrees and I ran 70 mph all the way. I don't know what the wind chill was at that speed but I had to break ice off my mask several times.

Rode from Central Texas to North Carolina in November 09. Left Marshall, NC (top of the mountain) the last morning at 20 degrees in fog and damp. Only had leathers - no heated gear; we're from TEXAS!! John was fine with the big windshield, but my hands and arms didn't thaw out for 150 miles!! Rode thru cold and drizzle (thunderstorms around Texarkana) for two days to get home. It was worth it to see friends and family again!!

I am devastated! Doc says I have strep throat with some complications and I absolutely can't get out in the wind (25 - 40MPH predicted) and the cold (40*) tomorrow morning to go on the Texas Honor Ride. So much for our registration and hotel reservations . . .

Just talked to Philip Ware at Texas Trikes in Conroe, and he's getting his group (and I'm asking our GWRRA group) to take some pictures of the bikes for me so we can post 'em on here. John and I were counting on getting up and out early (a real sacrifice for us!! LOL!) and being part of this wonderful ride. Next year, for sure!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png