What Jack do you use for under the Motor to

heres how i raise mine. if i just need to get under it to lube the heim joints or remove the drive shaft to grease the splines i just put the a floor jack under the hitch and let it tilt to the right while jacking..it will go up quite high without worrying about it tipping..if i need to raise the whole trike off the ground..i put the jack under the engine and raise it to the desired height and put jack stands under the crash bar then move the jack to the rear and put it under the pumpkin and raise the rear to an equal height.. as far as 1 jack being able to jack it up like you would a regular bike..i have yet to find on..BTW i have a valk i/s with a motortrike kit.

Well, I would have to say 41inWV has a better model than I do with the Pitbull lift. I only had a 1500# Sears brand on hand but with a little help from a car jack and a jack stand I was able to lift the entire Tri-Glide off the floor and get under it to install a lift kit and a new set of slip-on mufflers myself.

I have pics of it up in the air. Check my album here:

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/memb...ft-kit-supertrapp-kerker-muffler-install.html

And the thread I created and get into detail about lifting the Tri-Glide is here:

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/harl...t-supertrapp-exhaust-soliciting-opinions.html

It's sketchy this way to say the least, but if you take your time and try not to lift too high (unless you have a Pitbull) or go crazy torquing bolts etc, and if I can do it, so can you.

The front tire only though should be possible with just about any car jack and keeping the TG in gear and locking the parking brake. But I would still use a pair of decent rubber chocks behind the rear wheels.

Good luck, and be safe.
Rob

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png