Rise of the Phoenix

Will be posting pictures of the build from start to finish. Hope to get some good pictures of the bike this week in its 2 wheel state. Looking forward to this build and next spring.

It probably won't be ready before the end of the year. The donor 1500 needs some cosmetic work, paint mostly. And Motor Trike has delivery date for the Phoenix mid December. To top that off we have another 1500 to convert for a customer. Gotta take care of the paying bikes first.

You'll be the biggest kid around the tree! Congratulations :D

The Phoenix arrived Friday (12-30-11). Installed the rear end yesterday. Next to take the rest of the plastic off and prep for painting. Will be instaling the rake kit at that time. Thinking of metallic blue for her new color. Will post pics as soon as I get them off my camera.

Happy New Year all.

Looking good! Congrats..

There are a lot of guys still converting the Honda GL1500s to trikes. I really like the GL1500s, in some ways even better than the GL1800s. Metal frame VS aluminum, no cracks, more leg room, totally bulletproof engine/transmission/driveline...lots of good reasons to trike the GL1500s. Also, all the major trike manufacturers are offering trike conversions for the 1500s now including the new IRS versions.

We just used shop rags, simple green and elbow grease. Alot of people who are anal about keeping the ride spotless kinda flip out when they see how grimy it is under the plastic.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png