Trailering

Nov 16, 2011
Saffell, AR, USA
My husband and I want to trailer our bikes behind our bumper hitch camper. He rides a 2 wheel Valkyrie and I ride a 87 GW with a Vogager Kit. He is a OTR Liscense Truck Driver and can handle the doubles. But, I know we can't load my bike backwards on an open trailer because of Wind damage to my windshield and possibly farings. So what are some folks using for transport in this situation? We have thought about an inclosed trailer that is pointed in front.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks............

We bought our enclosed trailer even before we found our new-to-us trike --- our original plan was to replace our scooter as transportation when motorhome docked. But now shifting to weekly short fun trips without the motorhome :)

Hubby did a few years for Uncle Sam, camping and the such, and he says his idea of camping now is Motel 6. Tents are out, so we ride alot, but stay in Motel at night. We have gone far out and want to carry the bikes instead of ride, and the camper is the ideal way to go. Trailering has been our biggest concern. We are definitely leaning toward enclosed at this point.........................

Hubby did a few years for Uncle Sam, camping and the such, and he says his idea of camping now is Motel 6. Tents are out, so we ride alot, but stay in Motel at night. We have gone far out and want to carry the bikes instead of ride, and the camper is the ideal way to go. Trailering has been our biggest concern. We are definitely leaning toward enclosed at this point.........................

John did the Army thing for 26 years and 'John don't camp.' We've got a big enclosed cargo trailer that has been customized with bathroom, kitchen area, inflatable beds, microwave, A/C, heater, flat screen TV, Wii setup, cable hookup, cupboards, etc., but have never used it. We love to ride, and don't see the point in gas for the truck AND gas for the trike. Maybe one day we won't be able to ride 14-15 hours a day and then we'll use the trailer. Maybe.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png