DEC. 7TH

Pearl Harbor Day is special to me for an additional reason..... about 30 years ago I was proud to be sworn in as an American Citizen on this day!

During the 1980's, a friend of mine and his wife were visiting New York City. They were sight-seeing, having a good time when this group of Japanese tourists approached them holding their tour map. Nearby was a homeless woman, dressed in tattered clothes, quietly sorting thru her possessions in a shopping cart.

As my friend politely tried to help the Japanese tourists and was trying to understand their broken English, one of the Japanese men pointed to the tour map and said "We look for this place. We can not find it".

The homeless woman had been listening all the while, turned to the Japanese man and sharply said to him "Ya found Pearl Harbor, didn'tcha!?!?!"

(My friend and his wife were both shocked and speechless. True story)

Yes, December 7th, a day of Remembrance ThumbUp

The story by Ol' Gray makes me wonder how many young people under the age of 25 or so know where Pearl Harbor is. Those of us in the 50 and up age group had it in our history lessons and more than likely know WWII vets or even Pearl Harbor Survivors. I saw an article yesterday about a local man who was 19 years old and was stationed on the USS Antaries which was the first ship to spot the miniture Japanese sub and reported it to the USS Ward. The Antaries was a suppy ship coming back into Pearl and as the man said "We were unarmed and didn't even have a potato on board to throw at the sub". Another local man and his twin brother were both stationed at Pearl and he lost his twin brother that day on the Arizona. The "Greatest Generation" is dying off at 1000 a day and the Pearl Harbor Survivors group is down to only a few hundred.

I have seen the Arizona Memorial and met some of those survivors and if it don't bring a tear to your eyes then you have no soul.

God Bless them All!

Yes JP thks,

and last week Russian military Gen. threatened he would use nuclear weapons if required to protect mother Russia,, say what???

Hey DakotaTg, It's not only Pearl Harbor the younger Generation Don't know about. Watch Jay Leno's J'walking sometime. It will make you wonder what is being taught in our schools. Some of the people he interviews a Collage Graduates, Sad! My Dad was on a Carrier in the Pacific in WWII. I think of Pearl Harbor and all of our Brave Men and Women of WWII every December 7th. I don't think we can ever thank our Military enough for the job they do.

Hey DakotaTg, It's not only Pearl Harbor the younger Generation Don't know about. Watch Jay Leno's J'walking sometime. It will make you wonder what is being taught in our schools. Some of the people he interviews a Collage Graduates, Sad! My Dad was on a Carrier in the Pacific in WWII. I think of Pearl Harbor and all of our Brave Men and Women of WWII every December 7th. I don't think we can ever thank our Military enough for the job they do.

AMEN to that, AL!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png