quiet here in oz

Not much happening Up Over either. I don't know about the quiet part also. I am married after all. Quiet is a distant memory (luckily she doesn't read this!).

Well, it is summer....bloody to hot to ride. Then again we have a roof!!

My wife and I usually do short trips in the summer. We went to Lorne last week for 2 days Lorne (for our USA brothers) is on the south coast 2 hours from Melbourne, a popular swimming spot. On New Years eve there will be 20,000 people there. And its only a village.

Hnag gliders love the steep cliffs. This time we didnt continue on past Lorne but further around the coast there is the Otway lighthouse and the most restcherous coast in Australia. In the early days sail ship broke up along here. One ship lost all of its crew and passengers except one young man and young woman. He saved her. They never married because of their social differences- the level of class.

There is also a buried ship called the Mahogany ship. It hasnt been found but there is a large reward for it. It is believed to be buried under sand dunes. Whale watching is common in Warnambool and the twelve apostles line part of the coast. They are ancient rock formations a tourist favourite especially with the Japanese.

Here are some pics of our ride along the Great Ocean Road. The road was built by World War 2 veterans to give them work after the war. The road follows the coast- trike riding country.

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0057-1.jpg

IMG_0056-1.jpg

The 12 Apostles. Think there are 11 now- one fell down.

12_apostles_gor_u_197952_503x283.jpg

The Otway Lighthouse. It sits on a bed of Mercury. Many ships were saved by this light. Nearby there is a bunker to protect the family here during the war. And this is the south of the mainland of australia!!

otwaylighthouse.jpg

Australia is definitely on my bucket list, and pictures like this only reinforce that desire.
Keep sharing :D

The problem being that there are quite a few clubs in Oz and many are committed to the scene locally and there fore struggle to take on another group that is based off shore, That is possibly what TOI is facing as well as Trike talk and the trikes are very differant hardly any Harley or big Jap converted trikes around, due to our tough ADR's.

should be all good now meet a bunch of blokes west coast trikers
have a nice day
bluey

not sure what part of the country your in but i will agree on most of what you said. up here on the gold coast and in brisbane there are a lot of harleys and jappas that have been triked but in what i,ve seen over the years the machines are for show and not ridden much. personally i beleive they dont know how to ride them and are scared they may crash. i have a roadstar and up until this year it was my main transport so i put about 20000kms a year on it. merry xmas and have a good new year. ride safe.

You guys are lucky you can ride, in Utah it is colder than a well digger's spinxter! And no promise of riding weather for a solid two more months-ohhhh, it's just dam dreadfull!!!!!!!:AGGHH::AGGHH::AGGHH::AGGHH:

Hello from Missouri! I have ridden to work and back for the last 2 days and plan on doing the Polar Bear ride on Sunday. Does it get cold in Aussie Land during the winter months? Dumb question, but to dang lazy to look it up. Hello out to Aussie Annie my first Friend Contact since joining the Trike talk group. Keep scooting on that HD girl!

PS: Hey blueystar, you just look so dang cute in that avatar pic! I'm just jealous, Cancer radiation TX took my big beutifull beard, now I'm just a Kentucky Fried Chicken face.

yes it can get cold here in the west with out the snow and all so get hot
sorry to here about the big C know all about it lost a kidney last july because of the
big C all good now cancer free now getting over a shoulder opp i had 3 weeks ago hope things go better in the new year
have a nice day
bluey

yes it can get cold here in the west with out the snow and all so get hot
sorry to here about the big C know all about it lost a kidney last july because of the
big C all good now cancer free now getting over a shoulder opp i had 3 weeks ago hope things go better in the new year
have a nice day
bluey

Sorry so long to reply, Had the polar Bear ride to do, and a honey do list to get finished. Yes 5 year now post C. Another year alive is always a good thing.

stuff it annie could not wait enoughter 2 weeks for the doc went for a trike ride down south for 2 days with the WCT done a 800kay round trip and the shoulder held up a couple time the pain set in but the enjoyment of the ride over ruled that

You guys are lucky you can ride, in Utah it is colder than a well digger's spinxter! And no promise of riding weather for a solid two more months-ohhhh, it's just dam dreadfull!!!!!!!:AGGHH::AGGHH::AGGHH::AGGHH:

You know they do make a tank type track looks like a small pyramid that you can substitute for the rear tires. Then just strap a ski on the front wheel and off you go. We did this to our van in Alaska.

stuff it annie could not wait enoughter 2 weeks for the doc went for a trike ride down south for 2 days with the WCT done a 800kay round trip and the shoulder held up a couple time the pain set in but the enjoyment of the ride over ruled that

Knew you wouldn't last ya bugger :laugh: Don't do too many rides close together, okay ThumbUp

PM me and tell me where in Perth you are. Might be able to hook up for a run

annie me and a mate going for a ride this sunday all going well can hook up some where when i know where we are going
i am in kelmscott

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png