how many aussie members

aussietriker

Dec 16, 2011
gold coast australia
being a new memeber to this forum i was just wondering how many members from australia are on here and where there all from. also another question is, how are you guys excepted out there in the motorcycling world, reason being that triking isn,t really that big here like it is in other parts of the world. hoppi that owns eagle trike conversions at burleigh heads seems to be doing his best to change people,s thoughts on triking and holds a poker run yearly for trike owners.

Hey aussietriker pete here TOI Australia, you have asked a hard question, there are a few but we are spread out over the country the best way to see who is where is to go have a look at the members map elsewhere on the forum and you will seek out what you need to know, we are looking for state reps if your intested naturally I'm in Victoria and also run the Aussie Trike Rider group on facebook if you care to take a look.

Regards Pete AKA 3WHELAR

There are many clubs in Oz Annie. Some like the N3W (National 3 Wheelers) based in Vic but has national and international membership is very active. The United Trikers is based in New South Wales and is less active but a strong group. The Aussie Triker Riders Pete refers to is a growing club.

You can pick and choose. But I find there are many trikers not affiliated with any of them. Some people just dont like the club thing. Reasons vary. Personalities, control freaks, dictators that cant talk but just want to be boss, and internal politics. It can all take its toll. A thick skin is sometimes needed.

Anyway Annie.

I've found that motorcyclists are pro or con trikers. Some wave some dont. But some Harley owners dont wave at other motorcylists anyway so it isnt always the trike. Some dont even know its a trike especially if it has a roof!!!

I live in regional Victoria in the hills. I learned a few years ago to wave at everyone here when we pass each other. I take that approach to all bikers and trikers now and if they dont wave back- their problem. But most are ok. I focus on the good friendly ones now. Like truckies- there are good and not so good ones.

Here's Outrigger from Independence Mo, a Harley Trike owner giving all you Aussie's a great big wave. We HillBillies will wave at anybody no matter what we ride! Keep the rubber side down and you shiney side up!

Dan.....MO stands for?? went through some states...Michigan, Massett....(however you spell it), Missouri etc cant think of what MO is

arhh looked it up....is Missouri and near Kansas City. sorry mate...aint been to the US.

Well MO is for Missouri or Missery if you live here in the summer. I always wanted a Ding Bob trike body for my trike. Don't know if you have ever seen one. (Yeah Right) The nearest I have gotten to Aussie Land is South Korea, and Vietnam. But would some day like to see your Country. Maybe in 10 years when I retire. I've already ridden through or lived in the lower 48 and even Alaska, so it is time to venture outward.

PS Loved the Tweety Bird Video! Wonder what a top like that would look like on my Hog?

Hi. My name is Richard, and I am a member of Ulysses as well (Northern gateway). My wife, Lynn, rides a Honda 750 Shadow and is treasurer of the branch. My ride is a Triwing converted XVS1100, and I find it frustrating that I can't go on the full runs as they end up going down goat tracks in amongst the mountains. Those in Queensland know what I mean about the standard of "road" once off the motorways.
Is there anyone else around Brisbane who would be interested in runs on the weekend?
I have found the response by other Ulysseans to be positive to trikes, and I know that Redcliffe has a number of trikes. Our webmaster is currently tootling around Australia with a trike and trailer combo.

hey richard i,m steve and live on the gold coast. i understand what you mean about the roads but i,ve ridden a few rough one,s on my trike and i reckon from gympie across to gayndah would be the worst. rode up to o,reillys a few years back and wasn,t that a mistake. i was totally stuffed by the time i got there. how many bloody corners on that road, i reckon it would have to be around 500 from bottom to top, what a mistake that was. i ride a xv1600 roadstar with an eagle trike swing arm conversion and a cut down mini minor body.

Hi all.
I'm Rick and I live in the Hawkesbury in NSW. I ride a shovel trike. Corners and back roads are hard work, but OK if I ride slow enough. I've ridden to queensland, victoria and lots of places in between. Hope to head up to queensland some time over the next few months.

Cheers,
Rick.

Hi Guys
Just came across this Aussie section and thought I'd join in. I'm Kevin, I live in Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Queensland. If you're on the Coast and want to go for a ride let me know. I prefer late starts, a coffee stop or three and enjoying the scenery on highways, byways and back roads. My ride is a Harley with a Motor Trike conversion by Eagle Trikes at Burleigh.
Hope to see ya'll on the road one day.

Hi all.
I'm Rick and I live in the Hawkesbury in NSW. I ride a shovel trike. Corners and back roads are hard work, but OK if I ride slow enough. I've ridden to queensland, victoria and lots of places in between. Hope to head up to queensland some time over the next few months.

Cheers,
Rick.

Welcome Loose Nuts :wave4: Noticed on your post you say corners are bad for you. Is the trike raked, or does it have an E-Z-Steer fitted?? Makes it feel like power steering. My Ultra Classic with MotorTrike kit has the E-Z-Steer and she corners real good.:D

Hello all, Thought it was about time to get off my ass and say hello. I'm not much of a forum person for no other reason then I just don't seem to find the time..? Also my wife works from home and spends a lot of time on the computer and I can't complain about that as she keeps me in the lifestyle I'm accustomed to....:cool: Yep... I'm retired..!!ThumbUp I'm an American, though I have lived in Australia for 40 years and I live in the Hinterlands of the Sunshine Coast. My trike is a 1996 Harley FLHT fitted with an FBI conversion and a Revtech 110 motor. We don't ride as often as we would like to ( refer back to wife's work commitments...) but we enjoy the trike immensely when we do get the chance. I'll do my best to keep and eye on happenings with TOI Australia but I can't guarantee how successful I'll be..!!:Shrug: Cheers all and ride safe, Bob

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png