LED Headlight / Passing Lamps installed

Reaction score
Today I installed my new LED headlight and passing lamps. These are the Truck-Lite brand, not the HD brand.

Install took me less than an hour.

Here's a pic showing one of the passing lamps installed. Notice how much whiter the light color is.

Lights_01.jpg

Both passing lamps installed. The halogen headlight just pales in comparison.

Lights_02.jpg

Now here's a trick to modify the headlight bezel if you're using a "french" or "visor" trim ring. Harley wants you to install the OEM trim ring underneath the new trim ring. I find this to be a crappy way to do it. However, the new trim ring is too loose without it.

So, what I did was install a series of small screws around the headlight bezel. With a small nut on each side, I can "extend" the screws out as much as needed. These screws fit inside the lip of the new trim ring, locking it onto the bezel. Another benefit of this modification is that the new trim ring installs cleanly with absolutely no gap at the bottom.

Lights_03.jpg

Lights_04.jpg

Here's a couple of pics showing all the lamps installed.

Lights_05.jpg

Lights_06.jpg

Most of my riding is during daylight hours and visibility is absolutely paramount. I think these LED lamps give me much more visibility than the OEM halogen lamps.

Are these only for Harleys? I'd love to put those on my Valkyrie!!! Where did you get them?

The lights are standard size and are sold by Kuryakyn. Seven inches for the headlight and 4.5 inches for the passing lamps. I buy all of my aftermarket accessories from a local indy dealer that I've been friends with for years. If you want his contact info, just PM me and I'll respond back with his contact details.

Big improvement JohnC. What have you done to your Rear fender light's? We are looking at different option's since removing the pizza box. Looked at BAL, Custom Dynamic's and Truck Light. I have priced Harley's replacement LED's as well. Even looked at the LED replacement Bulbs that supposedly rotates and flashes??????? Any help would be great, Thanks.

I have not made any changes to the rear lighting at all. I've been looking at adding some kind of third brake light to the tourpak but haven't decided on anything as of yet. The BAL tailights get a lot of great reviews but they are pricey. If you haven't already, check out Custom Dynamics for some lighting ideas.

I spoke with a sales rep at Custom Dynamics this week. The ones she suggested were simular to BAL and cheaper by about 50.00 bucks per light.

I have the same lights on my Tri Glide. Amazing at night, but most helpful in the daylight. It's impossible to not see the bike coming down the road.

Tri-Glide%20004%20%28Large%29.jpg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png