Passanger air Foil

CASALUV

May 30, 2011
Port Charlotte
Does any one have a air foil shield behind the passanger ,and can you tell me if it helps at all for the passanger

GL1800 Rear Airfoil Shield

We have one and my wife says it helps a lot. Before, the draft tried to lift her helmet off. Since we've installed it that doesn't happen any more. She says it's a keeper.

The same with my missus. But the missus is around 5 ft tall and from whatI hear height plays a lot into it. The taller the passenger the less it helps. For her it makes a big difference on the backdraft the wing creates with the back of the helmets and collars on the jacket. It doesnt do much for the single rider though.

I have a 2012 Goldwing and I put one on my trike and my wife said that it made a big difference. Before she said that the wind was wanting to pull her helmet off and now it doesn't. On my air foil I had a hard time putting it on. They give you a thick weatherstrip and I ended up using a thinner one. I had a hard time getting the back of the seat to go back into the clips.

I bought one when they came out(cost $129.00)

Put it on and took my wife for a ride.
She couldn't notice any difference.

I then took it for a ride w/o her and noticed it flapping back and forth in the wind.
Didn't like that at all.

Then tried to put the cover on, wouldn't fit right.

Last, looked at the black color of it on my white trike, :AGGHH:
I have all the Baker Wind Wings on my trike in clear.

Took it off the sold it on a goldwing site for $39.00.

We have an 08 CSC and discovered the air foil around 15,000 miles. My wife is about 5'-8'' and she says it helps her a lot. We now have close to 68,000 miles with most of it 2 up. She said she wouldn't ride without it now. She says her relief comes from the foil stopping the wind buffeting her head from the back. She has informed me that an air foil will be the 1st option put on our new one.

The air foil is sold by Kuryakun, made by AirMaster. Kuryakyn's part # is:#1384 and they sell it for $124.99. Hope this helps.

I bought one and my SO likes it but like another poster replied, it interferes with the bike cover, so I only put it on if we're planning on being on a road trip for multiple days. One or two days, it stays at home and I just run the WS all the way up.

Yes they work, just like you see in some convertibles ... my wife said she could tell a change for the good just by my putting a trunk bag on the trunk. I never bought the spoiler, but I rigged one and she liked it.

I had one of these on my Wing. My 2cents:

1. They were made by Kuryakin @ $120+

After receiving it, felt it was way overpriced for a piece of plastic and a short piece of weather strip.

2. Install was a very hard job to do.

3. Turned out to be useless for my wife. She is 5'8" and the shield was way to short.

4. Bike cover no longer fit.

5. Removed and thrown away, lesson learned.

Must be most thought the price was excessive or found no help and returned them as Kury quit selling them after a short period of time.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png