Are Voyger @ Insta Irike kits trikes

I guess I don't belong in here be cause I have a voyger on a Honda shadow couldn't a afford a trike so I when the best way have a bad back till like to get out there

Welcome to TrikeTalk, Lloyd! Of course you belong here!!!! We have a number of members riding with Voyager and other similar kits. You are all welcome and very much a part of our Triking family!

I think your initial question was misunderstood. There are apparently some areas of the US that don't know how to register the bolt-on kits, and I think that aspect was what our member was referring to.

right i run a tow-pac unit on my 2008 1600 nomad for a couple of reasions.

can't aford a true tryke , have a bad knee , got my lic on the bike on 2 wheels then put the kit on other then hard steering it handles like a trike.:wave4:

I belong, and don't even own a trike. I guess the number of wheels don't really matter here.
When I do go to the "trike" it will probably be the add-on wheels rather than full conversion, due to the cost. One of the great things about this forum, is everyone is welcome. On a couple of forums I belong to, it seems the most important thing is how much can you spend on a trike, and hire all the work on it by trained techs.
I'm a do it yourself guy and want something I can take care of myself. Hate to read posts that talk about the ride being in the shop for 2 or 3 weeks, for something I could have done in 2 or 3 days.
Own what you can afford, ride what you have and enjoy working on and learning about your ride. Someone may not like some of the mods I have on my current bike because I couldn't afford chrome for chrome's sake, but it does what I want, and my smile is just as big as the owner of the all factory, full dress money pit.

Last edited:
You'll have to check your state's requirements regarding the bolt-on kits to see how they handle that, because they vary so widely.

Just a quick word to any doubters: Both TrikeTalk and Trike Owners International love our members, whether they ride two, three or four wheels, trike or no trike. Model doesn't matter, just gotta love the wind in your eyes, sun on your face, miles running under your tires. Don't EVER judge a person by their outsides; it's their hearts that matter, and if you love your trike, we'll love it, too!

In Washington state it is not considered a "trike". The State Patrol says it can't be licensed but admits they aren't the licensing agency and the DOL calls it a motorcycle with an "attachment". I haven't been stopped yet (Washington requires a separate endorsement for trikes in addition to the MC endorsement). The first time should be interesting.

My bike is still a motorcycle by Florida, and the Ghost Wheels are an accesory. I, on the other hand, could only qualify for a trike licence due to my disability, and my bike was approved as a "trike" for the driving test. It's a riot to ride.

Well, (deep subject). down in here in Louisiana, I took my endorsement test on a trike. Its up to the D.M.V. office, individually. No, she's not a "true" trike, by some people's definition. BUT SHE'S MINE AND I LOVE HER, just the same. It's a homemade outrigger rig, due to back problems. The group I ride with the "Louisiana Masonic Motorcycle Chapter", does not discriminate against a bikers ride, just respect the fact the he is still riding. That 2012 Tri-Glide is a beautiful piece of machinery, but my 1987 Suzuki Cavalcade with homemade outriggers is to. There are some great people here with a lot of great information and have made me feel very welcome, always.

Thank You,
Todd "Lasso" Dixon

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png