Richland Roadster Kit

fossil

Jan 11, 2012
Tullahoma, TN
Any one have any experience with this kit? I don't like the TowPac because of the small wheels and don't like the Voyager because it still lets the bike lean. The Richland Roadster has the large fenders and wheels like the Voyager and is solid mounted like the TowPac (no leaning). Its only $3450 and can get it shipped to me for $200. It looks great but would like to find someone who has rode with one for ride details.

Randy

The bike with a voyager only leans 3 to 7 degree that you do not feel.In the last 10 years I have over a 100K miles on a Voyager on 5 differen bikes with no problem so you can say I like it.The differen in the price is worth it.

I ride with a friend that has a voyager and the first time I was behind him in a turn and one of his wheels lifted off the ground it like to have scared me to death lol. I would just prefer the bike not to lean at all and I don't want a wheel lifting on me. Plus the Richland Roadster at $3450 is about $1500 to $2000 cheaper than the voyager kits I have priced, except maybe a used one.

Randy

I am going to be honest... it's not very nice looking! No offence meant!

But, if the price is right and you need it... yes. Have you checked the after market on these... Are any for sale on bikes and what are they going for. I like a good resale value when ever I buy most things.. but with a trike i did sort of throw that thinking out the window.

Randy I'm sure you will like it.I hope you can post pics and opinions after youv'e got it on and rode it awhile.My opinion is they look good to not be a full kit and for the price look good.If you get over to E. Tn with it drop me a line I'd love to see it.I think if it keeps you riding and your happy with it is all that matters.

Marc

Still have the problem of lifting a wheel and wearing out that middle tire fast. How hard is the install and disconnect. It does not look too bad.

I have ordered a Richland Roadster kit for my HD Ultra Classic. If I get it when they projected, I should have it mounted and operational by 16 July. If the product and customer service is as good as the responses I got from the numerous phone conversations with them before I ordered, It should be a joy. :cool::Excited:

Do to a bad experience that I had with the kit I would not recommend it to anyone.
I had it installed in Jan 2012in Florida had to have parts shipped to me to make it back to Texas. and had to have it taken off in April 2012 due to the side rails were cracking. It was not safe to be on the road.Owner of company will not fix it unless I bring it back to Florida at my expense.
Want to pm me feel free.
Yogi Bear

I know that this is an ancient thread (prehistoric even). I just watched the installation video on their website. Very poorly done! Seems like it is way too complicated to install, and I have a problem with it being attached to the engine guards. I know that outrigger type kits are not "child simple" to install but either the guy doing the video is not very good at explaining himself or this kit has way too many measurements to take. It also seems like once you do get it attached, you will NEVER want to take it off or have to reinstall it again.:blush:

Richlsnd Roadster Kit

This kit is not worth the crate it was shipped in I ordered mine for a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic and right side rail was weilded wrong not allowing the back mount to line up to be square, contacted company and they say they had a disgruntled employee that sent some out wrong tried to find out if they were going to either give my money back or another one to replace the one I got no reply yet I think I got a pile of scrap on my garage floor BUYER BE WARE I don't here from in a day or two I guess I'll see what Better Business can do for me

This kit is not worth the crate it was shipped in I ordered mine for a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic and right side rail was weilded wrong not allowing the back mount to line up to be square, contacted company and they say they had a disgruntled employee that sent some out wrong tried to find out if they were going to either give my money back or another one to replace the one I got no reply yet I think I got a pile of scrap on my garage floor BUYER BE WARE I don't here from in a day or two I guess I'll see what Better Business can do for me

How did you make out with these guy's (Richland)? I have seen reviews that say the kit's mount to crash bars and alike, is that also true?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png