Cleaning the OEM Windshield

rmrc51

Lost In The 50's
Reaction score
I just put a new OEM windshield on the Valk.

I've heard/read that using Lemon Pledge is the preferred thing to use for cleaning. Is that true, or are there other products?

All opinions welcome and thanks in advance.

Can't beat the pledge -- I've used it for a couple years now and its great, not only on the windshield but on the whole trike

++++++ On the Lemon Pledge. I've used it for years on every bike I've owned. Keeps things shinny and makes bug removal much easier. The high dollar wax and shine manufactures don't like that word getting out but it's fact....:laugh: :laugh:

I purchased a product that is used. To clean the side curtain windows on the Jeep CJ .That is before I got the F4,

I use MgGuiers quick detailer on the windshield and the rest of the bike. Another one I have used is Eagle one nano wax. Both work great.

I have used PLEXUS for four years, it is great. Found out about it on this forum and was recommended by the Honda dealer. About $15 for a spray can, but it is half full after 4 years of use. It truly chemically treats the plexaglass windshield (keeps it clear) as well as cleaning it.

I've used both Lemon Pledge and Plexus since 2005 and honestly, the only difference I can determine is in the weight of my wallet - the Lemon Pledge is considerably cheaper.

Just tried using Lemon Pledge this morning on the windshield. Works great! Thanks everyone. ThumbUp

Re: Cleaning the OEM Windshield
I have used PLEXUS for four years, it is great. Found out about it on this forum and was recommended by the Honda dealer. About $15 for a spray can, but it is half full after 4 years of use. It truly chemically treats the plexaglass windshield (keeps it clear) as well as cleaning it.
That's the stuff. Mine came in a squeeze bottle from Auto Zone.

I used Plexus for many years on the 'Wings, but then I kept noticing the nice smell and shine on other 'Wings. LOL So I started using Lemon Pledge also. Been using it ever since, on the entire bike. Cleans up the chrome decently, shines the plastics & fiberglass, too.

I've used many products listed earlier over the years. Word to the wise, Regular Pedge works just as well. If you have ever used Lemon Pledge and rode the mountains when the bees are out you know what I mean.ThumbUp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png