coverting a Trike Glide to independent suspension

I talked to DFT & they will let you do the install if there isn't an authorized dealer around. Cuts the price quite a bit.
You end up with the Harley wheels also.

It looks like it's a Tri-Glide-only conversion: http://www.lat-enterprisesinc.com/

POWER ARM SUSPENSION - Independent Suspension Conversion Kit for Harley Tri-Glide Trikes

My guess is they haven't updated that page,yet. The Tri-Glide and Freewheeler both use the same rear suspension & frame.

My opinion is that it would be cheaper to get a ultra and convert it using one of the many quality kits available. Throw another 6K on top of a triglide and now you have about 40K invested to get the same result as spending 30K for the converted ultra. That extra 6K you put into the tri to make it IRS you will never see again and I doubt there is any market for a used rear suspension from a tri. The conversion dollars you spend on the Ultra you will see most of it again and you can probably sell most of the ultras rear end. Fender, lights, bags, etc. Besides that, if you convert a Ultra, you can also put a mechanical reverse on it. You can do the same to the tri, but you already paid for the electric when you bought it. Those are some of the things I'd consider before changing out a Triglide but you may see it from a different point of view.

If it fits a freewheeler, I'd get a RK and convert that. You lose the flared fenders, but you gain a removable windshield. See my pic

If it fits a freewheeler, I'd get a RK and convert that. You lose the flared fenders, but you gain a removable windshield. See my pic

Well I have a Freewheeler and not a RoadKing. And, I have a removable windscreen on the Freewheeler now....

This is probably the last bike/trike I will be buying in my life; so, your overall cost argument is not really going to apply.

What I would like to know is what I would be getting in overall ride-ability? Would I go out today and buy this package....no....but, I would consider it for later down the road.....

Springman

Well I have a Freewheeler and not a RoadKing. And, I have a removable windscreen on the Freewheeler now....

This is probably the last bike/trike I will be buying in my life; so, your overall cost argument is not really going to apply.

What I would like to know is what I would be getting in overall ride-ability? Would I go out today and buy this package....no....but, I would consider it for later down the road.....

Springman

You would be surprised at the difference in ride between IRS and straight axle, I know my wife and I was. My 2010 Triglide rode pretty decent, but my 2012 Hannigan Wing, its a Cadillac ride.

It's only money,guys. If it makes you happy,buy it.

I've never seen a Brinks truck in a funeral procession. ;)

getting soilded axe my need changing latter

I have just put in a ofter for a 2012 trike glide.If all go,s well by Wednesday It will be home
I had whanted one with ABS but the price looks to good to past up (keeping my payments so I afford it)

I have just put in a ofter for a 2012 trike glide.If all go,s well by Wednesday It will be home
I had whanted one with ABS but the price looks to good to past up (keeping my payments so I afford it)

None of the Harley Trikes have ABS. '14's & '15's have a unified brake system with the front & rear when you use the rear brakes over 25MPH. But that isn't ABS.

To be clear ... the Tri Glide rear brake is linked to the front all the time. Only the reflex linked brakes with ABS on the 2 wheelers are speed sensitive.

Bob :Dorag:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png