Cruisin' the Adirondacks

Bikerbozo

Class Clown
Reaction score
Headed up to Adirondacks for the week. Left Sat dinner time to take ferry and stay in CT for night on Sat. Rode rest of way Sun. A little under 300 miles up to Tupper Lake, NY.
Mon had great weather. Left a heat wave behind. Picked a route to Lake Placid, then north to Whiteface Mtn. Looped on back roads back to Tupper Lake. Dianne went into nap mode and I rode down to lake and rented a kayak. Went across pond, up the Raquette River, then back down and into Tupper Lake. 2 hrs of paddling.
Those rains from LA made their way up here and Tues was a washout. A couple other bikers arrived at motel in rain. In gap, took Dianne out to '50's themed diner for dinner. Good food. Made it back before rains started again. Should be clear by tomorrow.
No laptop, so I can't upload any pics yet.

Rained heavy all Tues.
Wed, the good news is I got a ride. The bad news is it was to an urgent care clinic in next town over. Wife seems to have a touch of pneumonia. Looks like she will be resting in hotel until ride home Fri.
Went out for a ride to give her a peaceful nap. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Went by Bog River and Horseshoe Lake. Then headed onto dirt roads. A bunch of trails were closed due to mud & flooding, so I decided to turn around before anyone would read a headline about some clown getting lost in woods.
Note that all trip up here, new trunk lock kept opening. I adjusted rod out a couple of millimeters. Trunk didn't even pop open once on bumpy road.

The weather was perfect for ride home today. FYI, had no ethanol high test gas available all week. Actually got a high of 36 mpg while tooling around at 55 mph up there. Usually its a miracle if I get 32 mpg.
Anyways, made it to ferry in under 6 hrs. Dianne did great. She got a sea food dinner in Port Jefferson when we got off ferry for being a good girl and breathing correctly all the way back. Did a total of 880 miles for week. I think she slept through most of that.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png