Trikes are so much more fun

Kind of like the chicken or the egg..My Electra Glide was a motorcycle that had a trike kit put on it. Not a trike kit that had a motorcycle added to it. I still say going out on the bike or going to work on the bike. :xzqxz: just color me confused.

Kind of like the chicken or the egg..My Electra Glide was a motorcycle that had a trike kit put on it. Not a trike kit that had a motorcycle added to it. I still say going out on the bike or going to work on the bike. :xzqxz: just color me confused.

The egg and the Chicken quandary solved. [According to the gospel by BOB]

The egg came first , Some prehistoric bird type animal laid a egg and out came a mutation, And then someone' A cave-dweller maybe? Named it Chicken...:)

Just me but, The other day i stopped in at my local bank, It was around 25 degrees and snowing, As i walked in the door the manager sees me in my leather jacket and says' Bob you took the bike out in this weather?..He said it like i was his hero, No i said i cheated i took the trike today...:D

Bikes vs Trikes

Wikipedia's definition of a bike: "A bicycle, often called a bike or cycle, is a human-powered, pedal-driven, single-<wbr>track vehicle, having two wheels attached to a frame, one behind the other."

Wikipedia's definition of a trike: "Depending on the design of the vehicle, motorized trikes may be categorized as motorcycles, motor scooters, or simply the three-wheeled counterpart to a motorized or electric bicycle. The main difference between a motorcycle trike and a scooter trike is that motorcycles are sat on in a "saddle"-style seating (as with a horse), with the legs apart, and motorcycles have manual transmissions."

Sooooooooo, EVERYBODY's correct. Call it a bike or a trike, who cares as long as you are having fun!!!!!!

Harley calls them Trikes..... They build them they ought to know..:D
When i go out for a ride, And my Wife asks which bike are you taken, If I'm gonna take the Tri-Glide i tell her I'm taken the Trike.. If I'm going to ride the Victory i say I'm taken the Bike.. Just saying...:Shrug:

Correct. I agree with you. I also call my trike a trike, and sometimes I say "my bike" so the wife knows I'm not taking the car(actually a SUV).

Harley calls them Trikes because that's what they are, but they are still motorcycles not cars or trucks or SUV's or even ATV's. They're classified as a motorcycle (I believe in every state). They are not the same as a Slingshot or a T-Rex....not even close.
I will even call (against my will) the Spyder a motorcycle. :)

The USAF calls their F16 a jet, but it's still an airplane.
The Navy calls one of their ships a Destroyer, but it's still a ship.

Trike/F16/Destroyer are just a category of the main concept.

People can call the TG or Freewheeler whatever makes them feel warm and fuzzy, but they are still MOTORCYCLES. :mob: :D

I will still refer to post #16 (Yes)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png