Gotta love Texas

30 deg. right now at my house with at 15 MPH wind. Supposed to be 25 deg. here tomorrow and Sunday morning then back up to 75 - 80 deg. by Tuesday. Go figure. I will ride next week. Typical Texas winter weather!

Sunman

We were down to 16 this morning with wind chill of 2. We did get a few flurries but that was it, thank goodness. Got up to 27 today. Had on our silks and LL Bean fleece-lined jeans. Wore the big LL BEan down and windproof coats out and about....BRRRR....so glad we didn't have ice as Jim had doc appointment to go to in Odessa (17 miles over there).

We were down to 16 this morning with wind chill of 2. We did get a few flurries but that was it, thank goodness. Got up to 27 today. Had on our silks and LL Bean fleece-lined jeans. Wore the big LL BEan down and windproof coats out and about....BRRRR....so glad we didn't have ice as Jim had doc appointment to go to in Odessa (17 miles over there).
Hope everything went well with Jim's appointment today Carla ...y'all stay warm

I have landed at many small airports in Texas so given your location I was just curious.

Out here in the sticks there are several kept up air strips(grass) that one could land if needed. If you fly I'm sure you are aware of many yourself. Always need an escape plan in the air and on the road.ThumbUp BTW...it's 9º this morning and falling. There will be some busted pipes today just sure as shootin'.

Yup, I'm at 10 here outside of Maypearl. Glad I'm on a well. I can let the faucets drip without financial penalty.

This morning at 07:00 our Jeep sitting outside said 22 deg., the Toyota 4 Runner in the garage said 28 deg. Local weather station in our location said 18.4 deg. and Accuweather said 21 deg. for Bellville. Good thing is the wind is calm this morning but we still have a "feels like" temp. of 09 deg. Way too cold for this Texas boy! Think the Freewheeler stays in the garage for the next couple of days.

Sunman

This morning at 07:00 our Jeep sitting outside said 22 deg., the Toyota 4 Runner in the garage said 28 deg. Local weather station in our location said 18.4 deg. and Accuweather said 21 deg. for Bellville. Good thing is the wind is calm this morning but we still have a "feels like" temp. of 09 deg. Way too cold for this Texas boy! Think the Freewheeler stays in the garage for the next couple of days.

Sunman
That is nuts that with you being up there on the caprock it's warmer than I am.

80 official high in Midland today!!!!!
Was breezy - gusts to 21.
Simply unheard of.
Did not get to ride, had stuff to do...DANG!
Supposed to be same tomorrow but more wind.
Nice to have this break from such recent cold temps.
:clapping:

Yup, I do not like to ride anymore in high crosswinds unless I have to because I'm on vacation. At least it should be warm enough in the early AM when I get up to ride the trike to work.

Finally !... got to make a short ride today before the weather turns tonight. Mostly sunny, 72* and 7mph wind. Out to Rosa's for a combo nacho lunch then over to the Honda shop to check on new battery for Carla's trike. We have gotten good service from the Bikemaster TrueGel batteries...so far 3 years worth. They had a 2 year warranty. We did have to replace one just shy of the 2 year warranty but that replacement is going on 3 years old now. Recently Carla's trike would show CB Error along with a slightly slower start than normal so new battery coming up. Would hate to get stranded somewhere. Looking forward to our next good weather!

Finally !... got to make a short ride today before the weather turns tonight. Mostly sunny, 72* and 7mph wind. Out to Rosa's for a combo nacho lunch then over to the Honda shop to check on new battery for Carla's trike. We have gotten good service from the Bikemaster TrueGel batteries...so far 3 years worth. They had a 2 year warranty. We did have to replace one just shy of the 2 year warranty but that replacement is going on 3 years old now. Recently Carla's trike would show CB Error along with a slightly slower start than normal so new battery coming up. Would hate to get stranded somewhere. Looking forward to our next good weather!

Glad to hear that y'a were able to get some ride time in Jim! Can't beat Rosa's for a good lunch. Michele and I try to do taco Tues when we can :)

I took the trike out as well, pointed in the direction of Elgin. Had a nice BBQ lunch and ride back through Rices crossing on the way back home. It was beautiful today but very windy here.

Last edited:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png