Roadsmith Trike Conversion 2018 Gold Wing

The design and mechanical are, I would think, the easy part. It is integrating all the new electronics and making them work with a trike conversion I am interested in seeing. Things like the traction control and electronic adjustable suspension and all the sensors that go with would seem to be the hard parts to make work smoothly on today's machines, unlike, say, the 1500 where everything was mechanical. It must have been much easier to design a conversion kit for the older bikes.

I’m kind of wondering how they will rake the front forks?

On the thread "Wow...we have a new Goldwing I posted this a while ago, thinking about the easiest way to rake the front end. As an add to this post I showed this to an engineer friend and he seend to think this idea would be the simplest way to work it.

Looking at the picture I'm thinking in order to rake the new front end the part marked "Front Fork" would be replaced with one that is lengthened to keep the ride height the same and modified to increase the angle. In order to keep the wheel travel unchanged, (straight up and down as opposed to back toward the bike as on telescopic forks) everything up from the bottom of the "Front Fork Holder" would stay the same.

That may be completely off - I am not in any sense an engineer, nor do I play one on TV, but just looking it that seems to be the simplest way to rake the front end. The front fork is a major piece of the suspension, and if it is lengthened brake lines may have to get longer too. I have a feeling rake kits for the 2018's and up will be more than a little spendier.

attachment.php

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png