Heavy heart

Reaction score
It is with a heavy heart I have to report the drowning death of "Tweety Bird", formally belonging to Ed Hobgood and myself. Little girl drowned during Hurricane Florence on 9/16/2018. May she rest in Stallion heaven. She served Ed and I well, and will be sorely missed. Rest in Eternal Peace. I am completely heartbroken. She will be going to rest on Friday with 96K miles on the ODO.

Darn. Too bad. But you get to start all fresh and new with something else.:Shrug:

Any chance it will become available for parts?

Someone will buy it from the insurance company and they'll sell it like a gently used trike somewhere in the midwest area. And the poor new owner will never know a thing about it.:(:(:(

Someone will buy it from the insurance company and they'll sell it like a gently used trike somewhere in the midwest area. And the poor new owner will never know a thing about it.:(:(:(

In most cases after mass flooding insurance companies are now selling flood vehicles as dismantle only. Have a friend in La that bought several loads after Harvey. All were dismantle only.

With all the info available it’s almost impossible to get by with a salvage or flood vehicle.

Been at auto auctions many times when a vehicle that was previously salvaged and rebuilt and had a clean title was flagged when the vin number was put in the auction data base. If insurance company pays out and takes possession of vehicle from flood accident or theft it’s gonna have a paper trail :wave4:

Unfortunately it was salt water. GEICO would not let me buy it back and put it under salvage title. If it had been fresh water,

Would not even put in a claim. After it sat a week there were rust spots all on the garage floor and when we started it ignore rusty water out the exhaust pipes and sounded horrible...

On a good note, got check for full amount of what I bought

It from Ed for. Was surprised they did not low ball me,

Mainly because they could not find enough data on NADA

So they did an avg from cycle trader. NADA listed retail price

Of $29,995, butI no onehas gets Retail and they could

Not use trade in, I since I was not trading it in.

So, had enough to get a cherry (4702 odo) Spider RTS

With change for farkles

Unfortunately it was salt water. GEICO would not let me buy it back and put it under salvage title. If it had been fresh water,

Would not even put in a claim. After it sat a week there were rust spots all on the garage floor and when we started it ignore rusty water out the exhaust pipes and sounded horrible...

On a good note, got check for full amount of what I bought

It from Ed for. Was surprised they did not low ball me,

Mainly because they could not find enough data on NADA

So they did an avg from cycle trader. NADA listed retail price

Of $29,995, butI no onehas gets Retail and they could

Not use trade in, I since I was not trading it in.

So, had enough to get a cherry (4702 odo) Spider RTS

With change for farkles

No but you can get very good used ones for that and less depending on how far back you go. With 019's coming out 016's will be hitting the market in waves. At least that's how it is around here.

title who cares. bring it home and take it apart piece by piece, every nut and bolt. take lots of pictures, there's our manual :clapping:

Dragon

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png