Fender damage from flying metal

kwkride

Sep 20, 2018
Nebraska
I mentioned this in the "What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?" thread, but thought I would start a new thread for those that are interested.

I traded in my Tri Glide for this Freewheeler on August 22nd. Three weeks later I was hit by some strips of metal kicked up by the pickup in front of me. One piece took a chunk out of the bottom of the left fender and another piece took off the reflector from the side. It was 6:30 in the morning, so still dark out.

Trike3a.jpg

Dealing with insurance has been slower than expected because of Covid. (They're all working from home). But in the end, all will be good. Geico is replacing the fender with a factory painted one from Harley instead of repairing this one. Not sure how long it will take to get the fender, but in the end, she will be good as new again.

That will make my granddaughter happy!

Trike.jpg

I mentioned this in the "What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?" thread, but thought I would start a new thread for those that are interested.

I traded in my Tri Glide for this Freewheeler on August 22nd. Three weeks later I was hit by some strips of metal kicked up by the pickup in front of me. One piece took a chunk out of the bottom of the left fender and another piece took off the reflector from the side. It was 6:30 in the morning, so still dark out.

View attachment 91658

Dealing with insurance has been slower than expected because of Covid. (They're all working from home). But in the end, all will be good. Geico is replacing the fender with a factory painted one from Harley instead of repairing this one. Not sure how long it will take to get the fender, but in the end, she will be good as new again.

That will make my granddaughter happy!

View attachment 91659

If it is a color that is still in production, it's been my experience that HD will get it out in about two week max. If the color is not one that is currently being sold on bikes, could be 8 to 12 weeks.

Glad you weren't hurt ... good luck.

IMO this is one of the saving graces for motorcycles when damaged - it is difficult / impractical to repair so replacement with factory new parts is the order of the day. All around a better option and worth waiting a bit for.

Sorry about your damage.

Nice color FW. What seat and backrest is that?

Thanks! The seat is a Mustang "Super Touring Deluxe". I kept this when I traded in my Tri Glide.

The backrest is the Corbin #HD-FLH-9-ARM Passenger Armrest for HD removable Sissybar. (FYI, it does not come with the plate for mounting it to the sissybar. They expect you to have one from buying a Harley backrest pad)

What a litle cute'ie,

I can see her 16 years from now..............She will have her own bike.............

Ronnie

Thanks! She's already planning on it! In fact, last Sunday my son brought her by to watch me teach an MSF course for a little while. She helped me set down some of the cones for exercise 7 and thought it was great. She said "maybe when I get big, I'll teach people how to ride motorcycles!" :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png