2019 Goldwing CSC

The heated seat lights did go out and it seams to be working fine, now we need the rain to stop so we give it a good test ride. :GL1800:

Glad to hear all is working just fine now. Hopefully, the original seat company provided some assistance - or discount.

In all of my years of riding (since 1970), I have never changed any of my stock seats. All have seemed to just fit me well. Got back from a trip this past week - longest day was just around 600 miles. Neither my wife nor I seemed to have had any problems.

I also noticed that I don't recall using my highway pegs either - so, something must be working pretty good. I will say that on our rides, it has always been my practice to stop every 100 miles of so. On this past trip, it seemed we were stopping about 80 miles or so because that is where the rest areas were.

This is probably why we believed the seat was OK. We simply ride for enjoyment - and usually have plenty of time to travel.

Donald, I agree with stopping every hundred or so miles but I wasn't making it 75 and I was miserable could not enjoy riding and could not ride with friends without them stopping too, I had started using a purple cushion and I could ride a lot longer but when the heater went out and the dash indicator kept flashing because of it, the seat had to be changed. I have to admit this is the first seat I have replaced I did modify one on a Venture one time.

Wow we had a great ride we rode about seventy five miles before stopping and the seat is good my butt got tired but I was not hurting like before and we ended up about 120 mile trip. My problem now is no one makes a drink holder for the Ultimate passenger back rest and my handle bars are full after adding a CB to the bike. I think I will have to put my thinking hat on and fab up something. After comparing the seats I think if I was taller the Diamond seat would have been different.

I should have taken the seat cover off for the picture but didn't think about it we kind of dodged the rain all day that day

Must a RDL seat?

Your trike looks great.....I'm on my 3rd RDL and won't have a bike/Trike without it.

SO comfortable for the long haul.

I was talking with a guy yesterday, whos freind just baught a Harly triglide. I think he said his buddy paid $48,000 for it ... OUCH :(

I was talking with a guy yesterday, whos freind just baught a Harly triglide. I think he said his buddy paid $48,000 for it ... OUCH :(

So Greg - yes, they can be a bit expensive. Still you can either cut corners or get what you want.

I purchased a 2021 Ultra - cost me $33,000 (included taxes and all the other stuff - CB and XM radio I got). Then I added the CSC kit - cost me $18,000. So, I have about $51,000 in my trike.

Curious, how much is yours. A base Gold Wing Tour is $28,000. Add taxes and the other stuff you want plus the trike kit - should be around $18K for you too - and you are already over that $48,000 figure.

Curious, how much is yours. A base Gold Wing Tour is $28,000. Add taxes and the other stuff you want plus the trike kit - should be around $18K for you too - and you are already over that $48,000 figure.

We're not a trike dealer, nor an accessory shop. We do service, repair, and tires on GL1800s only. JustWings is the only specilized GL1800 repair shop in the world. Our buisness also includes repair and service on the trike half of GL1800s too.

We're not a trike dealer, nor an accessory shop. We do service, repair, and tires on GL1800s only. JustWings is the only specilized GL1800 repair shop in the world. Our buisness also includes repair and service on the trike half of GL1800s too.

Thanks Sir - but, I believe you missed my point. You said OUCH to a new TriGlide at $48K - I was asking about the price for a new Wing that has a trike kit attached?

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png