HTS 1800 Trunk Leaks

75GL1000

Jul 23, 2016
Ocala, FL
Picked up my triked wing a few weeks ago and headed out, got caught in the rain on a long trip and everything in the trunk got soaked. I've been adjusting the latch all over the place and regardless it leaks somewhere. Anyone else had this issue?:cool:

Have you check the rubber seal around the trunk. I have seen where the seal was put on up side down. Have you been able to determine where the water is coming in?

trunk leak

I've adjusted it from right side to left side to all the way across the top, have put a sheet of paper between the body and the door and it will not pull out, but it still leaks.
It's an 85 mile trip back to the installer. makes for a day and if they need to get parts then it's another 170 miles on another day. I don't even like the ride there!:mad:

I've adjusted it from right side to left side to all the way across the top, have put a sheet of paper between the body and the door and it will not pull out, but it still leaks.
It's an 85 mile trip back to the installer. makes for a day and if they need to get parts then it's another 170 miles on another day. I don't even like the ride there!:mad:

Mine does the same. I called Roadsmith and he asked if I had weather stripping all the way across the door or only on the corners. Mine had it only on the corners. So he sent me a piece of weather stripping to go all across the door with a template to use to show where to install it. I installed it but the jury is still out on whether it helped or not, It has not rained here in a month so time will tell.

Used to be, that when someone had a problem with a R/S conversion , someone from R/S would jump in and possibly offer advise. Guess they don't monitor this site as they used to!!

Weather stripping did not help, still leaking. Wondering if I will get a response.

My HT1800 leaks and it is NOT the door seal. It is the thru-wall penetrations for wiring/latch at the rear of the trunk. They tried to seal it at the factory but it doesn't hold up to an all day ride in the rain. Now I put everything in the lower trunk inside of plastic garbage bags.

Unfortunately, there is no good way to perfectly seal mine. I can't reach without removing the body and it is just not worth it when plastic bags keep things dry. However, sealing the trunk is on my list for this winter's project.

Used to be, that when someone had a problem with a R/S conversion , someone from R/S would jump in and possibly offer advise. Guess they don't monitor this site as they used to!!

The RS guy that used to respond left and went to Polaris/Indian earlier this year, he's the reason i went with RS. The guy that replaced him doesn't respond to anyone about anything.

The RS guy that used to respond left and went to Polaris/Indian earlier this year, he's the reason i went with RS. The guy that replaced him doesn't respond to anyone about anything.

If you would like some help with your trike please call us at 800-331-0705 so we can discuss more thoroughly. Ask for Doug or Mike.

You can email us at doug@roadsmithtrikes.com also.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png