014 battery tender connection

Maybe everyone is familiar with this? On the 014 Triglides under the left cover panel, there is a battery tender connection on a short cable, with a removable cap. It's tucked in, so you may have to look for it.

I've seen this posted time and time again, for various years, models and locations. The tender connector had to have been installed by your dealer. The Moco doesn't install them at the factory.

I've seen this posted time and time again, for various years, models and locations. The tender connector had to have been installed by your dealer. The Moco doesn't install them at the factory.

They started doing it on the 14's, caught me buy surprise because as you said the dealer has installed them in the past. IMO HD has to have a mean streak to put them under the left side cover.

I heard that with '13s too, my '13 didn't have one. Heard it with '10, my '10 didn't have one....heard it with '08, my '08 didn't have one. I have the '14 tech specs and it sure doesn't mention it.

Attached to passengers grab handle with a plastic tie. The 14's come with pigtail from the factory and do not attach directly to the battery. tender pigtail.jpg

I like the Batt. tender plug out under the upper frame in front of the side cover like M3's. All you have to do is tie it up a little short so it won't get into trouble. Then it is handy to plug in when you get done riding. If it were hid out of the way, you wouldn't think about digging it out just when you are done riding, it would have to be winter storage ......
I'm with Mike. Your dealer has a morbid sense of humor.............pepper

This is from Harley's web site.

new-standard-battery-charging-harness-hd-kf903-a.jpg

New Standard Battery Charging Harness
No question a battery charging harness is a must have on a motorcycle. Now it’s standard. So you don’t have to waste even the ten minutes it takes to install one on some sunny Saturday when you could be riding.

I have one on the left and one on the right. I put one on the battery so I would have one on both sides. I don't mind pulling off the side cover.

I've always had one on the left side tied to the passenger grab handle. I guess I did the install on my older bikes, but I know it was already on my 2010 Limited, 2012 TriGlide and now on my 2014 TriGlide when I picked them up from the dealer.
On the Limited and '12 TG it was on the right side so I had the dealer switch it to the left side. On the '14 TG it was under the left side cover and I tied it to the passenger grab handle along with my Gerbing connector. Up until this year the Battery Tender plug was the same as the Gerbing plug. Now they say not to use the same plug for both. The left side seems to me to be the best location. That's where the connector for my Gerbing jacket is, where my Battery Tender is located and where there is less heat if that makes any difference. It's also less obvious on the left. :)

I have one on the left and one on the right. I put one on the battery so I would have one on both sides. I don't mind pulling off the side cover.

Keep some of the PN 11650 grommets on hand for when they start splitting from constant removal.

Keep some of the PN 11650 grommets on hand for when they start splitting from constant removal.

:10::Agree:

Wait until someone puts the bags back by the side covers. You have to remove the bag to get the side cover off..... Just say'n.....

:10::Agree:

Wait until someone puts the bags back by the side covers. You have to remove the bag to get the side cover off..... Just say'n.....

One of the 1st changes I'd make is install one where I could get to it without fiddling with a side cover. I'm a firm believer in if you mess with something often enough there will be a marks made and sh!t will wear out.

I think in the almost 12 years I've had a dresser, I may have taken them off 10 times. On my 2012 TG only 3 times - the saddlebags are a piece of cake to take off - just a quarter twist.

I very lightly coat the grommets with petroleum jelly......or KY if I have any leftover. :)

There is enough pigtail length to have the connector come outside of the cover.
I have saddle bags and it's no problem accessing the connection when it's extended outside of the cover with the saddle bags mounted.
Regardless of the comments to the contrary, the tender connection is standard with the 2014 Triglide.

Just got my Trike back yesterday and the Harley shop moved mine outside the cover, got it on there now.

My 14 came with the tender connecter hanging out under the left side cover just above the exhaust. Very easy to get to and you don't have to remove the cover

Back