14'F ride froze my bagels

Being that I grew up in IL.. I always thought of winter as being an indoor sport. Don't get me wrong I'm ok till about -13f. But. I like it hot and never miss a ride into the 126 deg plus in AZ or NV... time for a heated vest!

Woops, the snow started about halfway home. Not much on road yet before making my driveway. just wet and wispy. roads totally covered 1/2 hr later when I went out for Italian dinners (In truck, precious cargo and all that).

Who says you can't drive year round in Conn/Mass/ NY . I tried to ride in 90 DEG weather last year and quit after an hour . I ride in full gear . Boots , Jacket (denim if it is hot ) and long pants . Above 90 it is unbearable . Soo the Heat is a stop point above 90 and the cold below 30. I rode 60 miles 3 weeks ago it was 45 deg. If I lived in the south I would stop in Late June til early Sept. and up here I stop early Dec. til late March . One year,1999 I rode every month .I saw quite a few bikes out last week JAN 5th-the 10th . My 3 bikes are packed behind the snowblower and the generator , just too lazy to move anything to go for a little ride .

Good snowfall yesterday. Too many morons on road, so I stayed in truck (yes, I own 4-wheels also). Went out today nice and early Sunday on the trike. As long as I didn't use the front brake I was good. Parked at Bagel store and guy comes out and says, "Don't take this personally...But...Are you crazy?" I don't think I need to answer that for everyone, do I?:Freak:

I Went out yesterday with the T/G, 4 inches of snow 17 degrees. Had to get my paper, cinnamon bagel and coffee, Like you say stay off the front brake and it gos just fine. Got to the Delly at 630 am, No traffic. The owner of the Delly asks me are you nuts, Na i tell him ; It's mind over matter,
If you don't have a mind it doesn't matter,:D

I Went out yesterday with the T/G, 4 inches of snow 17 degrees. Had to get my paper, cinnamon bagel and coffee, Like you say stay off the front brake and it gos just fine. Got to the Delly at 630 am, No traffic. The owner of the Delly asks me are you nuts, Na i tell him ; It's mind over matter,
If you don't have a mind it doesn't matter,:D

Hey, when you need a Bagel, you need a Bagel!!! By they way Rhino. Here is a nifty trick for you to try in snow (if you haven't already). If you lock up the front brake, counter-steering will send you in correct direction. For example, turning wheel to right will give the least amount of surface area to the left, and you will go that way. Actually works best in a couple of inches of snow.

Hey, when you need a Bagel, you need a Bagel!!! By they way Rhino. Here is a nifty trick for you to try in snow (if you haven't already). If you lock up the front brake, counter-steering will send you in correct direction. For example, turning wheel to right will give the least amount of surface area to the left, and you will go that way. Actually works best in a couple of inches of snow.

Right on with the Bagel.ThumbUp
Next time I'll try the counter steering.

SNOW :confused: :Shrug: What's snow? :Shrug::Shrug:
We got 86F today :D and tipping 104F on Thursday :wave4:

Don't know this snow stuff :p

I'll remember this when we have our summer and you are in the middle of winter (assuming you have a middle of winter. Don't feel like looking it up.)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png