1500 Rear Air Shock losing pressure ???

If the air shock is bad and it’s a original Goldwing part why not purchase another from eBay that’s in good working order. Or am I confused about which shock you’re sourcing. :wave4:

Have you determined the air shock is definitely loosing air?

I will try to answer. The one's on Ebay look to be well used and nobody will guarantee them to not leak like mine. Add that to their asking prices and they don't look so good. And no, you're not confused. The last question is a hard one. I can pump it up to at least 75 lbs and then with motor off I listen with my ear very close to cylinder and I can hear nothing at all. BUT, it drops to less than 10 lbs within a minute or less.

David if thats his problem its definitely an option.Mine had 3 Progressive 416s when I got and came apart so I did exactly that.I found both stock rears for like 30 bucks.I still have the stock coilover put up and I have used it.The one in the middle of these aren't shocks at all but air cylinders with no damping capabilities at all.In all reality you could be creative if you wanted and not harm anything.In theory you could probably fab a top and bottom bracket and use a small air bag.

Hi Marc H., I have been looking at the air bag option for a few days now. It may be more of a job than I want but it may also be my only hope to get the trike back on the road. Problem is, that would have to be a very small air bag.

Brad

F50B8BFD-8BF4-4313-A26C-F1E5E819C03E.pngHello Brad. Check this unit out. I’ve purchased from this ebayer and he has great feedback. I would go this route before I tried to modify an after-market bag. Hope you get “On The Road Again” :wave4:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png