2004 Honda GL1800 reverse trike

Reaction score
Mar. 21, 2023

I just love my 2004 Honda GL1800 reverse trike. It is soooo stable. I really do feel safe. There is no power steering like the CanAm spyders, but this way I really feel the road. I get about 30 miles to the gallon on regular gas. There is lots of storage space with the rear trunk, 2 side bags and the front trunk. I have a large windshield which keeps the cold are out but lets the warmer air in with the standard vent. I use to worry about gravel, metal bridges and rain. I no longer worry. There is only one negative which really doesn't matter to me. You can't make a real tight U-turn due to the wide turning radius necessary. When turning, you have to use a little elbo grease to make the turn. That's it. No biggy.

I would like to chat with other Goldwing reverse trike owners to see how they like theirs.

Motogordo, Delanco, NJ 08075

2021-12-01 012.jpg2021-12-01 015.jpg2021-12-01 013.jpg

Mar. 21, 2023

I just love my 2004 Honda GL1800 reverse trike. It is soooo stable. I really do feel safe. There is no power steering like the CanAm spyders, but this way I really feel the road. I get about 30 miles to the gallon on regular gas. There is lots of storage space with the rear trunk, 2 side bags and the front trunk. I have a large windshield which keeps the cold are out but lets the warmer air in with the standard vent. I use to worry about gravel, metal bridges and rain. I no longer worry. There is only one negative which really doesn't matter to me. You can't make a real tight U-turn due to the wide turning radius necessary. When turning, you have to use a little elbo grease to make the turn. That's it. No biggy.

I would like to chat with other Goldwing reverse trike owners to see how they like theirs.

Motogordo, Delanco, NJ 08075

View attachment 112203View attachment 112204View attachment 112205

Glad you are enjoying it. Never seen one up close.

You mentioned all the storage in the rear trunk - isn't this standard storage. Or, were you referring to storage in the front?

Endeavor Reverse Trike conversion

I have a 2012 with the Endeavor Trike Conversion. After a short learning curve I am totally comfortable with the handling. I don't have power steering either but it doesn't affect my ability to keep the trike under control. The Endeavor website has lots of good info on reverse trikes.

Thanks to some other board members I found out how to find good lane position by putting one tire in the wear groove. How to hug the trike with my inside leg in turns to keep my body upright for better control. To push on the handlebar, not pull, to make a steadier turn.

Keep up with this and the CanAm forum for more tips. Also check out GL1800riders.com. Lots of good technical info there, also.

We have a 2005 with the Hannigan kit on it. Love it! Everything you said! All the storage of the original plus the front...

It's around 32-34 mpg for us, depending on if x-way or back roads..

Just yesterday installed a digital voltmeter after installing a new alternator and battery.

The picture below is a while back when I put a new spring on the rear shock...

Ready to ride!

Screenshot from 2023-03-22 15-41-13.jpg

Last edited:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png