2008 Stallion Front Brake Issues

Hi,

I have a 2008 Stallion with low miles, under 15,000 miles. This spring I need to do a complete brake job because my rotors are pulsating. I would like to get everyone's opinion as to what I should replace besides the rotors and pads no matter how little. I figure since they will be apart I would much rather replace what is needed now instead of waiting.

Thank you all for your time,

Greg

Hi,

I have a 2008 Stallion with low miles, under 15,000 miles. This spring I need to do a complete brake job because my rotors are pulsating. I would like to get everyone's opinion as to what I should replace besides the rotors and pads no matter how little. I figure since they will be apart I would much rather replace what is needed now instead of waiting.

Thank you all for your time

I have an '08 with 69K. You most likely have a warped rotor to cause the pulsating and most likely on the rear. As for the rear pads, I recommend changing at 35K. I let mine go to 45K and had to replace the rotors. They are standard Ford 500 rotors '05-07. The spring you mentioned must be the springs that are attached to new pads. Don't see that causing pulsating. On the front brakes, they will go 100K I believe.

The pads are for a Toyota FJ Cruiser. There is no cross for the front rotors as far as I know. You will need to contact TBMS if you need those. I still have my original rotors and they are doing fine. To address your pulsating problem, I would first try changing the rear rotors and pads and see if that doesn't correct your problem. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thank you all for your time,

I have an '08 with 69K. You most likely have a warped rotor to cause the pulsating and most likely on the rear. As for the rear pads, I recommend changing at 35K. I let mine go to 45K and had to replace the rotors. They are standard Ford 500 rotors '05-07. The spring you mentioned must be the springs that are attached to new pads. Don't see that causing pulsating. On the front brakes, they will go 100K I believe. The pads are for a Toyota FJ Cruiser. There is no cross for the front rotors as far as I know. You will need to contact TBMS if you need those. I still have my original rotors and they are doing fine. To address your pulsating problem, I would first try changing the rear rotors and pads and see if that doesn't correct your problem. Hope this helps.

I don't think he was talking about a spring problem.

I have an '08 with 69K. You most likely have a warped rotor to cause the pulsating and most likely on the rear. As for the rear pads, I recommend changing at 35K. I let mine go to 45K and had to replace the rotors. They are standard Ford 500 rotors '05-07. The spring you mentioned must be the springs that are attached to new pads. Don't see that causing pulsating. On the front brakes, they will go 100K I believe.

The pads are for a Toyota FJ Cruiser. There is no cross for the front rotors as far as I know. You will need to contact TBMS if you need those. I still have my original rotors and they are doing fine. To address your pulsating problem, I would first try changing the rear rotors and pads and see if that doesn't correct your problem. Hope this helps.

I do believe I have warped rotors but are you really telling me that you think it's the rear rotors that are warped? From everything I have read in the forums it's usually the front rotors that warp first?

Greg

Hi,

You mentioned Standard Ford 500 05 - 07 rotors are used, I just called on them, are they front or rear rotors on the Ford 500?

Greg

Back