2010 CSC Rear Tires

I have a 2010 GL1800 CSC Trike with the rear tires that came on the trike size 205/60R15. I would like to know if anyone has put a narrower tire on their Trike? If so what size and did you have to change the wheel to install them?

Thanks,

JerryW n AZ

Upgrade done

I just replaced the 205/60R15 tires on my 2010 CSC with 205/70R15 tires. Yes, the speedo is off approximately 9% in 5th gear but I already have a speedo corrector on hand to install. The right side tire was a bear to install but a pry bar, pinch bar and 5 lb hammer helped. While up on the jack, the tire rubbed the front lip of the fender when I first got it on, but that problem cleared when I lowered the trike. It's a little close but the road test proved it's not an issue. Apparently having the full trike weight on the wheel increases the clearance. Besides getting higher speed per rpm, the ride is actually smoother, probably because of the larger diameter of the new tire.

UPDATE: I did a 270 mile day trip on Sept 7 over a roughly 70/30 mix of highway and local roads. My gas mileage for the trip was 36 mpg, about a 2 mpg improvement over the smaller tires.

Back