2013 Tri POOR BRAKES

Lyndall Brakes | bottom right of web site page 24.
there older catalog did not show the rotors now they do..

I took it if the catalog from the Lyndall site was the 2013 release it would be just that. It isn't ! After three different downloads from different pages I found the revision you have, But the file name is the same : rev 9..... They need to clean up their files a bit.............
Thanks
pepper

Poorly adjusted parking brake will do this. When mine had 2,500 miles on it I had a kid who worked at Subway chase me down to tell me my brakes were bad. I looked at him and said they were find, the trike is a Harley and didn't he know Hog's Squeeled.

lol, thanks for the advice I will play with the parking break

I took it if the catalog from the Lyndall site was the 2013 release it would be just that. It isn't ! After three different downloads from different pages I found the revision you have, But the file name is the same : rev 9..... They need to clean up their files a bit.............
Thanks
pepper
Yea Had some issues in the past..Then I sent them a email and he stated they were in there 2013 catalog..SO I checked there site and downloaded the catalog and there they were..

how do I get the pistons to back in on the rear calipers, pressure doesn't do it and there doesn't appear to be a place to screw the pistons back in the caliper. all help will be appreciated

how do I get the pistons to back in on the rear calipers, pressure doesn't do it and there doesn't appear to be a place to screw the pistons back in the caliper. all help will be appreciated

The pistons will push back into the calipers but first you need to turn out the park brake shaft on the back of the caliper. the reverse of steps 4-5 in the attached jpeg. Hopefully you can make it out. Forum has size limits for attachments.

when removing the e-brake do I leave the adj. arm in place or remove that also, then what about the adj. rod will that stay in place or work its way in and put pressure on the pads.

when removing the e-brake do I leave the adj. arm in place or remove that also, then what about the adj. rod will that stay in place or work its way in and put pressure on the pads.

I am doing the same thing as pondball, so I am also looking for an answer to this question.

Its pretty simple. Your trunk door has a value to it where as the parking brake does not. You are correct about the resale value possibly being effected. That is why I kept it so when and if i get rid of the TG I will re-install it.

Only twice in the years I have owned it did I feel it would have been handy to have and at that time I wrapped a velcro strap around my front brake handle.

Its pretty simple. Your trunk door has a value to it where as the parking brake does not. You are correct about the resale value possibly being effected. That is why I kept it so when and if i get rid of the TG I will re-install it.

Only twice in the years I have owned it did I feel it would have been handy to have and at that time I wrapped a velcro strap around my front brake handle.

+1 and the velcro strap does not need adjusting!:Coffee:

Leave the arm and spring on the caliper, the rod won't move.

so I ordered the lyndall pads last Tuesday that everyone recommended and paid extra for 3 day shipping, got a conformation e-mail and 8 days later still no break pads. I e-mailed them ,called and left messages and then called again today only to find out that they back ordered them and they won't be in for a week. asking just when I was going to be notified of the back order they couldn't give me a answer, so needless to say I cancelled the order and am not real happy with Lyndall. just venting

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png