2015 Freewheeler..... Am I the first???

Congrats Screwball. Let us know what you think and somes pics would be good. I sat on one a week or so ago and my first impressions were its a great bike for the price point but only time will tell. 8k-10k saving doesn't hurt for sure.

Pictures??? I got Pictures. Finally downloaded the phone. Ain't technology grand, carry around a telephone with access to the world and everything that was ever written and it takes pictures too. Will wonders never cease.

First 3 were at a dealer negotiating on Wednesday. Last two were pick-up day. I guess you could call this the 'bar hopper' of trikes. With no fairing or tourpack you feel like you are sitting on it, not in it. A new experience.

Attachments

• Freewheeler 2.jpg
    Freewheeler 2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Freewheeler 3.jpg
    Freewheeler 3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Freewheeler 4.jpg
    Freewheeler 4.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Freewheeler 5.jpg
    Freewheeler 5.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Freewheeler.jpg
    Freewheeler.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 103
Congrats Screwball! At 133lbs lighter than the TriGlide it ought to be a pretty nimble machine. ThumbUp

Looks good.......appears you are @ Antlope HD, we will be down there next week for the rally on
our Street Glide trikes!
ENJOY that new ride.....Pete
:):):wave4::wave4:

Pictures??? I got Pictures. Finally downloaded the phone. Ain't technology grand, carry around a telephone with access to the world and everything that was ever written and it takes pictures too. Will wonders never cease.

First 3 were at a dealer negotiating on Wednesday. Last two were pick-up day. I guess you could call this the 'bar hopper' of trikes. With no fairing or tourpack you feel like you are sitting on it, not in it. A new experience.

Congrats again Steve. Haven't trike talked In awhile.

I'm jealous you bought my trike. So this is what AT&T retirement is like. I would love to hear more about your thoughts going forward. Keep In touch my friend.

:clapping:Beautiful Trike, Congrats. I'm so spoiled with fairing and stereo I don't know if I could go bareback again. Just getting older and like to be comfortable. Ride Safe and enjoy!

You look damn nice sittin on that there machine screwball. I believe thats an excellent choice. ThumbUpThumbUp

:clapping:Beautiful Trike, Congrats. I'm so spoiled with fairing and stereo I don't know if I could go bareback again. Just getting older and like to be comfortable. Ride Safe and enjoy!

Don't need a fairing to have a stereo. Don't need a tour pac to have armrests.

Attachments

• VTX done 006.JPG
    VTX done 006.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 105
  • VTX done 005.JPG
    VTX done 005.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 112
Give us some idea what you think of it once you get a few miles on it. I am leaning towards this model myself.

And not only does it look good, they kept it air cooled. They did a great job on the new Tri Glides hiding the radiators in the the lowers, but with this they would have had to hang an ugly radiator out front.

Did a 50 mile ride to lunch today with wife on her Tri-Glide. Outside temp was 96*, sunny and hot. I was wearing shorts, tennies, and a tank top. I sunburned the tops of my legs and shoulders. No heat problems with my legs from the engine, but I didn't have any problems with my Tri-Glide either. Wind noise will take some getting used to after the Bat Wing Fairing and windshield, but I really like the wind in my face and bugs in my teeth. For a completely stock scoot, it has remarkable acceleration and quick response while rolling.

I don't miss the radio or speakers, when I had the Tri I usually played CDs with ear buds. Now, I use a Samsung MP3 player bluetoothed to wireless ear buds. I can listen to anything I want loud enough to make my eyes bleed and not bother anyone. Besides, no one likes Osebisa or Exuma anyway. :p

I may adjust the bars a little more forward, want to put a couple hundred miles on it before I start messing with it.

OH, this is the FIRST new Harley I've owned that was easy to find neutral. Really surprised me, usually takes a couple of thousand miles for the trans to loosen up.

Riding to the coast tomorrow for breakfast, more to come.

There was a lot of discussion about the bobbed fenders and road debris possiably hitting the sides of the trunk. Can you give us feedback on how its looking after some miles?

Did a 50 mile ride to lunch today with wife on her Tri-Glide. Outside temp was 96*, sunny and hot. I was wearing shorts, tennies, and a tank top. I sunburned the tops of my legs and shoulders. No heat problems with my legs from the engine, but I didn't have any problems with my Tri-Glide either. Wind noise will take some getting used to after the Bat Wing Fairing and windshield, but I really like the wind in my face and bugs in my teeth. For a completely stock scoot, it has remarkable acceleration and quick response while rolling.

I don't miss the radio or speakers, when I had the Tri I usually played CDs with ear buds. Now, I use a Samsung MP3 player bluetoothed to wireless ear buds. I can listen to anything I want loud enough to make my eyes bleed and not bother anyone. Besides, no one likes Osebisa or Exuma anyway. :p

I may adjust the bars a little more forward, want to put a couple hundred miles on it before I start messing with it.

OH, this is the FIRST new Harley I've owned that was easy to find neutral. Really surprised me, usually takes a couple of thousand miles for the trans to loosen up.

Riding to the coast tomorrow for breakfast, more to come.

Great to hear Steve. The more good things I read the better it gets.

There was a lot of discussion about the bobbed fenders and road debris possiably hitting the sides of the trunk. Can you give us feedback on how its looking after some miles?

So far so good. Just hit 250 miles, so not enough to see anything... inside of wheel well at rear not much dirtier than the trunk. More to come.

I think folks who live in areas such as we do might have more of an issue. In the Ohio Pennsylvania area they put grit and small stones in the salt they use in the winter. The small stones and grit take forever to go away, almost half way into the summer if its been a bad winter.

I think folks who live in areas such as we do might have more of an issue. In the Ohio / Pennsylvania area they put grit and small stones in the salt they use in the winter. The small stones and grit take forever to go away, almost half way into the summer if its been a bad winter.

I've been lurking on this thread, since I'm interested in *possibly* buying a Freewheeler this winter. A major concern of mine is road debris.

I extended my current (Sportster) front fender to stop water and stones (see pictures below.) If I chose a Freewheeler as my next trike, replacing the front fender (and inner-rear wheel wells?) will be one of my priorities. It's easier to prevent damage then to fix it.

Ext-fend01.800x600.jpgExt-fend02.800x600.jpg

I've been lurking on this thread, since I'm interested in *possibly* buying a Freewheeler this winter. A major concern of mine is road debris.

I extended my current (Sportster) front fender to stop water and stones (see pictures below.) If I chose a Freewheeler as my next trike, replacing the front fender (and inner-rear wheel wells?) will be one of my priorities. It's easier to prevent damage then to fix it.

View attachment 22344View attachment 22345

If you have an oil cooler down low as with the Trike & put a mud flap on that wide tire to block the road debris from hitting the oil cooler, you also block most of the air off the tire to cool the cooler. Dealing with that right now. If I remove the mud flap I go down on the oil temps. I am going to do one of the Big Sky fan setups on the cooler. I know many have gone with the Jegg cooler with a fan, but I am going the cheap way for now & see if it works.
:Trike1:

Back