2015 Tri Glide money pit

I can feel for ya!
I have kept mine for 26yrs. and my problem is everything is obsolete!

Same as me!:D

Times and technology change faster than apple I pads and I just don't really care what's new, A wrench a torch and a welder, a chrome or paint shop, A daughter who is an electronics tech. makes just about anything possible?

my%20harley%20in%20the%20teton%20range.jpgB-13frontforksinstalled_zpsf18fa05e.jpgCopy%20of%20new%20trike%200_5.jpg

And often better than factory original!

How boring life would be at a rally if every bike we looked at were just like the last one we looked at!! Accessories are what makes the bike YOURS!!! How many bike does HD make in "YOUR" color every year? It's the accessories that makes it YOURS. My boss told me years ago, the only reason I bought a new bike or even a new vehicle was the fun I had "accessorizing" it to fit "ME"...Laughing she is totally correct of course. Just my .02.

:D

He comes on here complaining about his new 2015 T/G being a money pit because he choices to make it a money pit,just because all his old parts from his older trike dont fit the new one is not the fault of the trike,yes Harley made changes to the 2014/2015 T/G,thats called progress and if you ask me a very nice decision.

I just took delivery of my 2015 T/G and am in the process of doing exhaust,head pipe and mufflers plus tuner so is mine a money pit also?I think NOT:confused:

He comes on here complaining about his new 2015 T/G being a money pit because he choices to make it a money pit,just because all his old parts from his older trike dont fit the new one is not the fault of the trike,yes Harley made changes to the 2014/2015 T/G,thats called progress and if you ask me a very nice decision.

I just took delivery of my 2015 T/G and am in the process of doing exhaust,head pipe and mufflers plus tuner so is mine a money pit also?I think NOT:confused:

:gah:realize it, some folks just should not own a Harley!! For me, there is no other bike!! Harley snob I guess!!??:pepper:

money pit

I left my freewheeler completely stock. Now I have a trike that looks like no one else's does lol

2015 Tri Glide Recall

Being the owner of a 2015 I must admit the title of this thread gave me an "Oh Oh" moment but once I read through it my initial concern was quickly gone. I didn't hear about the recall and I'm assuming HD notifies owners directly if their Trike is subject to the recall just like auto manufacturers do. Regardless, mine is hibernating till at least April.

RECALL Subject : Rear Brake Master Cylinder

Report Receipt Date: NOV 24, 2014

NHTSA Campaign Number: 14V750000

Component(s): SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC

Manufacturer: Harley-Davidson Motor Company

SUMMARY:

Harley-Davidson Motor Company (Harley-Davidson) is recalling certain model year 2015 Tri-Glide FLHTCUTG motorcycles manufactured July 14, 2014, to October 15, 2014. The affected motorcycles have a rear brake master cylinder assembled with an incorrect piston. This piston may not provide the proper support and may allow a tear in the primary cup.

CONSEQUENCE:

If the primary cup develops a tear it will decrease the brake performance, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.

REMEDY:

Harley-Davidson will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear master cylinder, free of charge. The recall began December 16, 2014. Owners may contact Harley-Davidson customer service at 414-343-4056. Harley-Davidson's number for this recall is 0162.

NOTES:

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...od_ids=1979528

blah blah blah - I want my 5 mins back

:xszpv:
Being the owner of a 2015 I must admit the title of this thread gave me an "Oh Oh" moment but once I read through it my initial concern was quickly gone. I didn't hear about the recall and I'm assuming HD notifies owners directly if their Trike is subject to the recall just like auto manufacturers do. Regardless, mine is hibernating till at least April.

- - - Updated - - -

:xszpv:

Any and every bike or trike can be a money pit. just depends on what you are willing to invest in it. Oh and your view point. I realized a number of years ago that i have a sicness. i cant leve anything stock and just ride it. I have come to grips with this.

sign on costs

We sort of know going in we will keep changing our rides, complain a little but really love doing it. At our stages in life we have few vices left we can have the TriGlide enjoy. If it is not a labor of love for the ride maybe we should rethink our hobby. :Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvflorian

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvflorian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png