2020 trip for Lola & Us

Looks like you get close to norfork ne. I live 60 mile east of there. If you have any problems around eastern ne, let me know, would help out anyway I can.

Thanks for the offer. Actually if we stick to proposed route, will stay a nite in Valentine, then hook up to 275 down through West Point to Omaha. That is still a ways off & we have been known to change directions. We just had to cancel tomorrows planned destination because of poss. strong storms to hit there tomorrow. So we have backed up to Grand Forks,ND

Wed

Wed: Not much to report for Wed. Rode about 250 miles through Mich forests. 2&3 lane .Very peaceful ride to Proctor Mn

- - - Updated - - -

Thurs: We rode the NorthShore Up & back around 250. Took s few pics with Janiene's phone, but, I can't get them to load to my computer. So here are some links https://www.exploreminnesota.com/profile/north-shore-all-american-scenic-drive/2336 https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/park.html?id=spk00172#homepage

Very pretty ride several more sites to see .

FRI:

Fri: Well last nite we heard severe weather headed east across ND. We were going for Devils Lake ND ,but, because of the extreme warnings that were being issued, I didn't think we could get there in time. SO, I changed the dest. to Grand Forks,ND just across the state line. Glad I did. Got into GF & within 2 hrs later it came down in buckets for about 3 hours & is still raining,just not as bad. Supposed to quit before morn, so we will hopefully get an early start & run farther tomorrow to get back on schedule. NOt much scenery, mostly prairie & farm land. Just not much traffic on Rt 2 & thats why we chose the routes & not ride in Interstates. Peaceful.

"Took s few pics with Janiene's phone, but, I can't get them to load to my computer. "

Looks like a good trip! Wish you came thru the west side of MI. We would have loved to ride with you.

Tip: If you have the "google photos" app on your phones and on your computer, they will automatically sync plus you get free google cloud storage for them. https://www.google.com/photos/about/

Jan & John

Wed: Not much to report for Wed. Rode about 250 miles through Mich forests. 2&3 lane .Very peaceful ride to Proctor Mn

- - - Updated - - -

Thurs: We rode the NorthShore Up & back around 250. Took s few pics with Janiene's phone, but, I can't get them to load to my computer. So here are some links https://www.exploreminnesota.com/profile/north-shore-all-american-scenic-drive/2336 https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/park.html?id=spk00172#homepage

Very pretty ride several more sites to see .

FRI:

Fri: Well last nite we heard severe weather headed east across ND. We were going for Devils Lake ND ,but, because of the extreme warnings that were being issued, I didn't think we could get there in time. SO, I changed the dest. to Grand Forks,ND just across the state line. Glad I did. Got into GF & within 2 hrs later it came down in buckets for about 3 hours & is still raining,just not as bad. Supposed to quit before morn, so we will hopefully get an early start & run farther tomorrow to get back on schedule. NOt much scenery, mostly prairie & farm land. Just not much traffic on Rt 2 & thats why we chose the routes & not ride in Interstates. Peaceful.

That storm covered a large area and came through our place in SE ND starting around 10:00 pm Friday. Lots of wind and rain for 2 hours. Good luck with the rest of your trip.

ery

Well today started out very chilly 56* Warmed up about noon & ended up at 86*. Had do to 425 today to make up for the storm delay yesterday. There is so much more 4 lane than there was 20 yrs ago when we first rode the Rt 2 the opposite direction. Only bad today was over 10 miles of large gravel const. Good part is we have been on 2 lane again for little over 350. I really love these wide open spaces. When we got to Mt , rolling hills & diff color fields as far as u can see. Being as Lola didn't come , we may skip Glacier & stay on 2 around the base of those Mnt's. Been there 3 times already. Everyone be safe. :wave4:O yeah in Shelby, Mt

Only 300 today on some of the prettiest 2 lane through mountains in West Mt & Id. Good road, smooth & a little twisty today. Made it to Bonners Ferry ,Id for the nite. Well Lola, you would not got to Glacier again.. For some reason as we got near the turn off, there was a large flashing highway sign. ALL EAST ENTRANCES CLOSED. Don't know why, but as we got to west entrance ,it was open. I don't think Glacier wants you to visit, so we didn't. Last time we rode 2 around the base,was about 20 yrs ago. It is really pretty.

Only 300 today on some of the prettiest 2 lane through mountains in West Mt & Id. Good road, smooth & a little twisty today. Made it to Bonners Ferry ,Id for the nite. Well Lola, you would not got to Glacier again.. For some reason as we got near the turn off, there was a large flashing highway sign. ALL EAST ENTRANCES CLOSED. Don't know why, but as we got to west entrance ,it was open. I don't think Glacier wants you to visit, so we didn't. Last time we rode 2 around the base,was about 20 yrs ago. It is really pretty.

It's just not meant to be.

Yup. Only 2 ways into Glacier, one from the east and the other from the west. The route around the south of Glacier on 2 is pretty. But not the same as going thru the park. Have a good and safe ride. I enjoy going along with you on your updates..... Jim

When are you going to be going thru nebr. Live 30 min. from West point, if work out would like to meet for lunch or a lest ice cream.

In Wenatchee,Wa. now ,so 4-5 days maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday was NOT fun. hot hot hot. Last 40 miles was 104* . Today we rode out into the Nat'l forest . Since I cant load pics from my phone, here are some great pics of the area. https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x549b000a9fe31541%3A0xc80a594aa238bdd1!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipMr7mreepey8oZIAaNXHL6Lr-m88Bhrfksu7XJ5%3Dw319-h240-k-no!5swenatchee%20national%20forest%20-%20Google%20Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipMr7mreepey8oZIAaNXHL6Lr-m88Bhrfksu7XJ5&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwituffYr-LqAhVpIDQIHd1IA8gQoiowFHoECBgQBg

- - - Updated - - -

Tomorrow we will head to Lewiston,Id.

Interested to know your experience with motels and diners on the road. This time of year I usually do a road trip but, so far, the virus has me staying home. Have you had any problems.....? Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png