2024 Tri glide

I would be back at the dealership with receipt in hand . Find the same sevice advisor who did your original write up . Calmly explain situation to him and your expectation of a new replacement at no cost . Shit happens sometimes and if the service advisor can not solve it calmly ask for the service manager . If you do not get satisfaction ask for dealer GM. If they are worth being at they will resolve it. If no satisfaction document it with pictures and file complaint with the motor company in Milwaukee

Really weird that this happened, and hard to believe installing a rack on the lid caused the crack. Glad to hear HD is taking care of it regardless of how it happened. Was the bike still under warrantee? I personally just installed a rack on my new Freewheeler. Was too easy, and to me, while drilling the holes, it smelled like fiberglass, not plastic. Big difference!

IMG_4642.jpg

Dealer should warranty it for a lower tour pak. Not a hard issue. Maybe they do not know enough or trying to blow smoke up your butt.

A crack like that is not normal and may be a manufacturing defect. If no satisfaction from your current dealer, contact another dealer, then call corporate. I would not blame the installation of the rack on causing the crack, just say it was discovered after you opened the tour pak lid.

Good Luck.

YEE HAW Harley D is not going to fix it SO SAD !! But !! after much discussion the Dealer ship has maned up and will fix it .. Thanks :pepper::pepper:

I will copy this here as I think others have missed it.

The OP (Rawhideken) stated that HD will will not take care of it…… BUT, the dealership themselves will fix it.

Glad to hear your dealer is taking care of it!

Can you elaborate on them “fixing” it? Are they going to try to indeed fix the crack? Or did they do it the correct way and get you a new one?

- keep us posted!

-Brett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyX
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png