Almost did it again…..

rhino 2

100000 + Posts
Oct 15, 2011
Utopia New Jersey USA..
Back when I had both a two wheeler and a Trike and I went food shopping so loaded the shopping cart and when I got to the parking lot… It dawned on me that I had the bike and not the Trike…I don’t normally embarrass easily but I did when I had to go back in the store and ask if they could hold some of my groceries till I come back….They were very gracious and stored it in the ice box..

Change the almost to “I” did it again…

And this brings me to today…. I did take the Trike…But I grossly over estimated the carrying capacity….I embarrassed myself again….😳..

Has that ever happened to anyone else?….Or is it an age related issue..??

Last edited:
Came (very) close when on the road. I had to remove some packaging and discard a few old items in the store parking lot in order to get the new stuff stored.....

Yesterday I purchased a 30 pack of beer, placed it on my back seat and started to rode home......... Went over a RR track, and the 30 pack fell into the road, split wide open, and I had thirty beer cans rolling down the very busy street.. By the time I could find a safe place to park my trike, and try to retrieve, most of my lost beer, running in ~n~ out of traffic, (I must have looked like a complete jerk) and the car's, I swear, were, aim'n for the rolling cans, cause out of 30 cans I only got twelve back, unharmed.........The rest, may they RIP..

Ronnie

7/16/23

Yesterday I purchased a 30 pack of beer, placed it on my back seat and started to rode home......... Went over a RR track, and the 30 pack fell into the road, split wide open, and I had thirty beer cans rolling down the very busy street.. By the time I could find a safe place to park my trike, and try to retrieve, most of my lost beer, running in ~n~ out of traffic, (I must have looked like a complete jerk) and the car's, I swear, were, aim'n for the rolling cans, cause out of 30 cans I only got twelve back, unharmed.........The rest, may they RIP..

Ronnie

7/16/23

Glad to hear that you, the trike and the remaining 12 cans of beer are OK, Ron.

As for the rescued beer, as long as it was not Bud Lite, the recent experience you just described would make a great commercial......:laugh:

Ride Safe

Ronnie

7/16/23

You give the other drivers too much credit they weren’t trying to hit the cans but because of their poor avoidance techniques( Target, Fixation) they hit the cans..😳..

We got pretty good at stuffing groceries in our trike, even discarding the bags to tuck stuff in corners. We were in Texas when covid hit. On our last ride before heading home to MI, we got a call from our daughter, telling us to get toilet paper. We stopped at a store on way to our RV park and stood staring at an empty TP aisle. A stock boy came out with a high boy loaded with TP. He just shoved it down the aisle and it was empty before it stopped. We grabbed six 24 packs, forgetting we had the trike with no tour pack. We put on all our spare jackets from the trunk and broke up 2 of the 24 packs and stuffed them in the trunk. We balanced the other 4 on Jan's lap. Thankfully we made it home without losing any.

We got pretty good at stuffing groceries in our trike, even discarding the bags to tuck stuff in corners. We were in Texas when covid hit. On our last ride before heading home to MI, we got a call from our daughter, telling us to get toilet paper. We stopped at a store on way to our RV park and stood staring at an empty TP aisle. A stock boy came out with a high boy loaded with TP. He just shoved it down the aisle and it was empty before it stopped. We grabbed six 24 packs, forgetting we had the trike with no tour pack. We put on all our spare jackets from the trunk and broke up 2 of the 24 packs and stuffed them in the trunk. We balanced the other 4 on Jan's lap. Thankfully we made it home without losing any.

Like my Old Man would always say......Where theres a will' Theres always a way....:clapping:...

Back when I had both a two wheeler and a Trike and I went food shopping so loaded the shopping cart and when I got to the parking lot… It dawned on me that I had the bike and not the Trike…I don’t normally embarrass easily but I did when I had to go back in the store and ask if they could hold some of my groceries till I come back….They were very gracious and stored it in the ice box..

Change the almost to “I” did it again…

And this brings me to today…. I did take the Trike…But I grossly over estimated the carrying capacity….I embarrassed myself again….😳..

Has that ever happened to anyone else?….Or is it an age related issue..??

We’re poor so we don’t also have a two wheeler, so no… Our trike has a HUGE trunk, we can stick a whole week’s groceries in there… and it carries it all just fine.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png