Aloha from Maui

Mar 16, 2013
Kula, Maui, Hawaii
I go by the nick Doc Del. I live in Kula, Maui, Hawaii. I am 64 years old, I've been married for 41 years. I am a Vietnam veteran being a platoon medic with the 1/5th Cav., 1st Cav Division. I am also disabled. In 1997, I suffered a ruptured cerebral aneurysm which was repaired via brain surgery but left me with some physical deficits. Lately I was diagnosed with three other brain aneurysms which will be dealt with this coming Monday. I also had a heart attack and had a double bypass in 2004.

In the early/mid-sixties I had a couple Harley's, a '46 knucklehead and a '48 panhead until I went into the service late'67. After that I got married and although I dreamed of getting another bike, it was not to be.

For the last year I've been planning on getting me a Softail Heritage and fitting it with a 41" Mystery Designs straight axle trike conversion kit along with the ammenities that will allow me to ride with my handicaps. But I am waiting to be done with the aneurysms repair before investing any money. Seeing that that time is close I decided to join this group and enlist some feedback if and when needed.

I heard there was a great group of folks on this forum and I am pleased and proud to belong. I look forward to meeting you in the future.

With much Aloha,
Doc Del

What's up Doc? (sorry, just had to do it.) Welcome to TT from Rockford, IL. There are are more than a handful of folks with disabilities here. Prayers for you about Monday. We are glad you are here.

Last edited:
welcome to trike talk I known what you went throught with the aneurysms had two one on each side had to have two operation doing go now if you get that new new trike ride safe and enjoy from ILL

Welcome to TT - glad you found us. Lot's of good information, advice and really nice folks can be found here. Post often, have fun, be safe! :wave4:

Welcome to TT and chime in any time. Good luck on your procedure, with lots of luck and good wishes from NH.

Regards,

Rosy & Janice
From NH

Welcome Doc!

We will say some prayers for you.

Brain aneurysms are very serious business.

Lost my grandfather and a sister in-law to un detected aneurysms.

So glad they caught yours.

Please keep us updated on your progress with the trike and your surgery.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png