Am I nuts????

The way things are going in the world today, Nuts is the new normal......:ahhh:.....

Add me to the nuts group. It's time for second round vaccines on our calf herd and annuals for the rest. Going to be doing it on a whole new corral system designed so one person, my wife when I'm too old as she is 10 years my junior, can do it alone. A little excited and a little worried. It all looked good on paper but today we put it to test for real. Never even any dry runs to see where problems may occur. That's nuts for ya. It's do or die day.

Add me to the nuts group. It's time for second round vaccines on our calf herd and annuals for the rest. Going to be doing it on a whole new corral system designed so one person, my wife when I'm too old as she is 10 years my junior, can do it alone. A little excited and a little worried. It all looked good on paper but today we put it to test for real. Never even any dry runs to see where problems may occur. That's nuts for ya. It's do or die day.

That's pretty gutsy ... keep us updated as to how it works. Maybe a couple pics ... the stuff that oozes out of the human mind fascinates me ... :AGGHH:

Well yesterday we had help so the true one person test hasn't been done. We found some things need to change ever so slightly. Most of it went slick as one would ever want which means the one person concept will work. But what normally takes us 4+ hours even with help, to less than 1 1/2 hours. That alone is a major improvement. We might be back to 3 hours with one person if we just let the cows move at their own pace rather than push and I'd rather do that anyway. So we will be in a learning stage for awhile.

The concept is going to work. We can see that now. Exactly how is where we'll be learning. Where do we push and where do we let them go on their own. They have to learn as well for this to work. Sorry about pictures. We got them. We just have to go through and get the ones that show the most. Now we are a very small operation compared to our neighbor. This whole thing cannot ever be truly cost justified until you add in the cost of medical stuff for both the human and the animal.

Our original barn and corral system was very old and built for goats and sheep. We have been improving as best we could for nearly 20 years bu something or someone would almost always get hurt. But we do show a profit now and then and this is agriculture so there is some help associated there. But the average hobby folks would never be able to do what we've done. Anyway, I'll get some pictures once my wife can get them all together. Heck, I didn't mean to totally hijack this silly thread with something legit. How absolutely rude of me.:blush::blush::blush:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png