Ammo shortage is our fault. ??

:xzqxz: ,,,Never bought into the shortage for a minute Trent ,,,all a plan ,,sad part it will never go down to the price it was before all this ,,,IMAGINE THAT ,,:cxtv:

This is not hard to figure out. When you talk to folks and they say they have "2000 rounds at their house" it makes you shake your head. I know of cases where guys buy at Dicks's, then stand in the parking lot and sell for double the price. My local gun shop seems to always have ammo, but they advise customers not to hoard. 22's are the worse to try to find. Why? because folks are hoarding them

. 22's are the worse to try to find. Why? because folks are hoarding them

Don't know about some people hoarding 22's, But in just a few hours My Son and Grandkids and me can shoot up 3 or 4 bricks of 22's..... So some times we have to slow up on the plunking....

I feel it is not all our fault for hoarding. I think Greed had a lot to do with it. I would bet a lot of the large suppliers held mass quantities of ammo so the price would go up even more.
blame it on the dooms day people. their all nuts any way, right? (still keep my preps in order)
try going a week or two with out power and water at your kitchen sink.(winter ice storm)
generator, fuel, lots of water on hand, about a months worth of food that we rotate in the freezer and pantry. guess Im just nutz too. oh yea and ammo. about 1000 rounds for each gun .
It could be a natural disaster, grid problem (no matter how small) , or a complete disruption of our way of life. Its a nice feeling to know you will still be able to eat supper and flush the toilet. (at least for a while) People who think this is " over the top" need to go dig a fox hole and live in it for a couple of weeks.
oh how your mind will change

Personally I think the government is buying up the ammo so we can't get any. That's gun control. So we can't fight the crooked government. Trust me, its coming to that!!

Personally I think the government is buying up the ammo so we can't get any. That's gun control. So we can't fight the crooked government. Trust me, its coming to that!!

Very possible . wonder where the are keeping it ? we could get bows and arrows and sling shots and go get it back.:D

Obama (don't really) care. sure be glad when hes gone! too bad sarah palin's not in the running again
or some one like her. maybe start a government program like they did with cheese. give gun owners ammo stamps

my blood boils every time i hear the name Obama. he is against guns for sure and because he cannot beat the second amendment he will do everything in his power to make sure we cannot protect ourselves. i agree with you guys about the gov't buying up tons of ammo so we cannot have any and they probably do not store it but destroy it instead. all i know is that if i were a ammo manufacturer and he demand was there for more , i would be making all i could and counting my profits on the way to the bank. the 22 shortage is a bit of a mystery to me as they are not used very often in crimes but have come up with a different reason. most of the time when a person starts shooting their first time it is usually with a 22 cal. gun, pistol or rifle. the gov't must think that if you like shooting you will buy more guns and be able to defend yourself and not depend on them so they make it really hard to even get started shooting hoping that you just say it's not worth the trouble and forget about it. you can buy large cal. rifle and pistol bullets but not 22's, go figure.

The owner of my local gun shop says the reason that 22's are so hard to find is because it is a very popular caliber AND folks are hoarding them. (Believe me, he is no friend of the Federal Gov't and especially Obama). I don't think the Gov't would have much use for 22's anyway,

On another issue, any ideas where I can find a nice holster for my Ruger LC9 for a LEFT hander? I've searched the internet and left handed holsters are hard to find.

my blood boils every time i hear the name Obama. he is against guns for sure and because he cannot beat the second amendment he will do everything in his power to make sure we cannot protect ourselves. i agree with you guys about the gov't buying up tons of ammo so we cannot have any and they probably do not store it but destroy it instead. all i know is that if i were a ammo manufacturer and he demand was there for more , i would be making all i could and counting my profits on the way to the bank. the 22 shortage is a bit of a mystery to me as they are not used very often in crimes but have come up with a different reason. most of the time when a person starts shooting their first time it is usually with a 22 cal. gun, pistol or rifle. the gov't must think that if you like shooting you will buy more guns and be able to defend yourself and not depend on them so they make it really hard to even get started shooting hoping that you just say it's not worth the trouble and forget about it. you can buy large cal. rifle and pistol bullets but not 22's, go figure.

they are coming back to some suppliers but the price has went up a bunch.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

If Govt' pushes too hard they may be repeating that quote!!!!
JMHO:mad:

Dan,
Pay no mind to our resident Stage-Left Simpleton the affable Tin-Foil Tina and his tired worn-out hypocritical Hissy-Fits and Bitchy Buffoonery.
He has to prairie-dog out from the Orifice of our Community's Septic often to be sure he stays on Boo-Boo Barry's BFF List. :D

Trike Talk's unofficial Jester aka "Fool" if you will.
In due time, you'll come to enjoy his One-Man Forum Freak Show of Inanity and Irrelevance as the rest of us have ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png