Auxiliary 12Volt port.

Oldrodder

80+ Posts
Where's a good location to install a 12V port? I was thinking on the right side, below the headlight adjusting knob. Also looking for ideas where to get the power for this port.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Be safe!!

I had a K1200LT that had a power port located where the Passenger could use it. Not the best for my use, but, all I ever did was put the battery tended there.

A friend of mine told me to be very careful with the BMW Can Am system ... he said they were very touchy and would throw codes if you did "stuff" to them. Me and tricity are not the best of friends, so I just left well enough alone. :AGGHH:

After making a bracket for my RAM X mount, I wanted to use my GPS and I need a 12V port for that. Thanks for the insight, Fuzzy!

I had a K1200LT that had a power port located where the Passenger could use it. Not the best for my use, but, all I ever did was put the battery tended there.

A friend of mine told me to be very careful with the BMW Can Am system ... he said they were very touchy and would throw codes if you did "stuff" to them. Me and tricity are not the best of friends, so I just left well enough alone. :AGGHH:

That should read Can Bus System, you can read all about this system here, avery good and important read https://bmwmotorcycletech.info/canbus.htm

Where's a good location to install a 12V port? I was thinking on the right side, below the headlight adjusting knob. Also looking for ideas where to get the power for this port.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Be safe!!

I'm one for running add-on accessory wiring back to an auxiliary fuse panel. But I think I remember someone paralleling off the courtesy light above the gauges. A low power consumption unit like a GPS should be fine to do so.......:zap:

Back