Avon Trike Tire

I went to Avon's web site to look at the TRIKE tire and they have two listings, one for the 130/90b16 and one for MT90B16. The 130 size shows a tread depth of only 4.5 mm while the MT90 shows the tread depth of 8.7mm. I wonder why such a difference in depth on the two tires when they are basically the same size tire. My 14 tri glide has the MT90 on it so that is the one I would order. Guess an email to Avon will be needed.

http://www.avonmoto.com/products/cruiser-touring-custom/cobra-trike

Look again everybody... the first trike tire listed is a 130/70R18 (made mainly for Gold Wings). The second one is the MT90B16 and does list deeper tread than the first tire (which may be a misprint) but is definitely the one for the Tri Glide and a number of other makes like my CSC Kruze trike made from a 1700 Nomad. I am running an Avon Cobra on the front of my trike but it is their regular tire. It was what I was running before it was triked. When I need to replace it I will be installing the Avon trike tire. I have used Avons on the last few motorcycles I have had all with good tire wear and handling.

My reply is just a FYI to everyone. Seems to be a lot of confusion in a number of threads on here about Avon's tires on their own website and other websites are even listing them as AM71's which is wrong as all Avon Cobras are AV71 for front tires (trikes and two wheelers) and AV72 for rear tires. Hope this helps clarify it some.

tread depth

I called avon yesterday to confirm the depth. I was told the 8.7 mm is correct. They remachined the rear tire to a front.

Wonder why avon sent me an email saying that 8.7 was a misprint. If I can get someone that has one to actually measure it and it is 8.7mm deep then that is my next tire.

Scuba,

I have about 350 miles on the Avon I installed last week; I am really happy with it. I did notice that it is larger than the Dunlop and takes up more space under the fender. There are no problems, it just uses the available space

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png