Bars as in handle

Expected Cost?

I have watched a couple of videos on handlebar swaps and wouldn't feel comfortable with a DIY job. What should the expected labor be cost at a shop?

Labor

I have watched a couple of videos on handlebar swaps and wouldn't feel comfortable with a DIY job. What should the expected labor be cost at a shop?

I have a dealer labor quote from last year of $576. That is 8 Hrs.@ $72.00. Rates vary around the country.

Well being Ed H started this thread , did he ever do it ? :Shrug:

Not yet, still too cold in my garage, a couple of weeks should help with the solar heat.

I intend to do them for sure. Got a trip to Tn coming up, need to be comfortable for that ride.

I have a dealer labor quote from last year of $576. That is 8 Hrs.@ $72.00. Rates vary around the country.

I am certainly not an experience qualified mechanic - just a guy with a garage, some appropriate tools, service manuals, curiosity, the desire to save money and willing to take a plunge - a small plunge.

I did help a buddy swap bars on his 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra a few years ago and did learn from that. Watching the videos I found was very helpful also. And the newer Rushmore bikes with the Canbus electrical system are much easier to swap bars on - less wires, smaller plugs, did not have to de-pin anything.

IMO 8 hours to do a bar swap is really padding the bill. I did it in about 4 hours spread out over a couple days and I was working very slowly and consulting the service manual and notes I made from watching the videos.

Not saying anyone should attempt this if they are not comfortable doing it. I just hate to see dealers taking such advantage and overcharging.

Disclosure added: My bar swap did not involve extending the hydraulic lines for clutch or front brake. Some bars will require longer lines and obviously some additional labor charge. Don't know but I would think a couple hours labor would be about what that would take.

harley batwing reach bars

I have a 2012 Tri-glide. Thinking of changing stock bars out for these Batwing reach bars -HD part #55800589. I'm 5'3" and stock aren't comfortable for me. Looking to see if anyone has tried these and could comment on them-THANKS!

I have a 2012 Tri-glide. Thinking of changing stock bars out for these Batwing reach bars -HD part #55800589. I'm 5'3" and stock aren't comfortable for me. Looking to see if anyone has tried these and could comment on them-THANKS!
Sorry I have no knowledge of these bars I believe a member or two have hopefully the will chime in. I changed to Khrome werks 2+2 wide sweepers just perfect for me. I'm 5'8" 29" inseam. You may want to look at the narrow version of 2+2 sweepers. The 2+2 means 2" higher and 2" back farther really increased comfort for my back and shoulders good luck in your search for bars :good:Fred View attachment 56314View attachment 56315View attachment 56316View attachment 56317View attachment 56318View attachment 56319

I had the H-D reduced reach on my 11 triglide. I still had neck & shoulder pain after riding all day. Switched those to the 2+2 narrow bars & they are much better for me. The wrist angle is slightly different also which helped with the pain I would get in my wrist from riding all day.

Not all bars are the same, nor as the human comfort zone !

You need to use the blind handlebar reach method. Need another person to measure the reach difference, then you will know what to get .

Well they are finally on, I went with Wild one bars. My indy and I did them together, only a 30 mile ride home so hard to determine but so far I like them very much. I also did PC V and stage one, felt like a different bike power wise.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and help.

Well they are finally on, I went with Wild one bars. My indy and I did them together, only a 30 mile ride home so hard to determine but so far I like them very much. I also did PC V and stage one, felt like a different bike power wise.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and help.

Good deal Ed. I do think you'll like them. I've put about 2,500 miles on mine since installing the WO579s and really like them. Plus they look so darn good.

Back