Best way to build?

cconley777

1+ Posts
Apr 9, 2024
Kentucky
What would be the best, most cost efficient way to build a trike? My first idea was to start building a typical chopper and then do a reverse trike front end like the Canam Ryker. I'm not a car builder though and it seems like there's a fair bit of engineering that would go into make something like that stable at high speeds and track straight. My next idea was to build the typical Harley trike, but a rear axle alone is about 3500-5500 depending on the brand. My final idea was a Volkswagen trike but I'm worried about parts availability. As I said I'm not a car guy and I don't want to kill myself hunting down parts that are becoming increasingly rare to put a trike together. Any Input please?

Volkswagen parts are easy to find for the most part. Most of the parts are being reproduced .

A V.W. based trike is probably the most economical of all trikes and they make good trikes.

There are a lot of trike pages on face book also regular internet sites for parts and how to build

I would suggest buying a used VW trike off of craigslist or face book market place

I dunno for sure, What I do know is there are lots of good folks here ready to help you do your build and research

Post all questions in the VW forums and you will get some hits

Best of luck always, ;)

Jack Klarich Tech contributor here on Trike Talk

See also Rex, he is a VW Guru

What would be the best, most cost efficient way to build a trike? My first idea was to start building a typical chopper and then do a reverse trike front end like the Canam Ryker. I'm not a car builder though and it seems like there's a fair bit of engineering that would go into make something like that stable at high speeds and track straight. My next idea was to build the typical Harley trike, but a rear axle alone is about 3500-5500 depending on the brand. My final idea was a Volkswagen trike but I'm worried about parts availability. As I said I'm not a car guy and I don't want to kill myself hunting down parts that are becoming increasingly rare to put a trike together. Any Input please?

Welcome to Trike Talk on your first post….👍..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png