Blue Ridge or Natchez Trace Parkway?

I've ridden the BRP numerous times from Cherokee, NC all the way up to the Skyline Drive to Front Royal, VA. It's just beautiful no matter when you ride in the spring to the fall. Take your time and stop at the numerous pull offs. We've seen black bear, deer, wild turkey and more riding up thru there. As for fishing Cherokee has a nice trout stream going thru their town. Since it's a reservation you would need to get a permit from them. Going thru Asheville, NC you can stop and tour the Biltmore, Boone, NC the Daniel Boone Inn or Woodlands BBQ in Blowing Rock, NC are great places to eat. We ride the BRP the most from Boone, NC south the Cherokee when heading to Gatlinburg via the Smoky Mtn. Parkway, 441.

Michael, One thing i haven't seen mentioned on here is the City of Natchez. My wife and I rode from Nashville all the way down to Natchez. We spent two days there and toured several of the antebellum homes there that was way worth the trip. Beautiful city beyond anything i have ever seen. If you go there, the first thing you need to do is to go downtown and rent a carriage ride to get introduced to the city. It's a very laidback city with lots to see. We carried a picnic lunch with us and ate at roadside parks along the trace. We have rode the BRP also. If you do take this route, be sure and stop at Ashvile, NC and tour the Biltmore, but plan for a whole day there. Whichever trip you take, you will not be disappointed. We have ridden the BRP in Sept. many times, and tho it got a little cool at times, it was never a problem for us. Just pack some warm jackets and you will be fine. Ever get back toward Sikeston, contact me, we just live 25 miles west of there, and the throwed rolls are fantastic!!

:Agree::Agree::Agree: The old homes are beautiful and there's a lot of history along the way , again rode 'em both and this is my favorite !!!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I've ridden the BRP numerous times from Cherokee, NC all the way up to the Skyline Drive to Front Royal, VA. It's just beautiful no matter when you ride in the spring to the fall. Take your time and stop at the numerous pull offs. We've seen black bear, deer, wild turkey and more riding up thru there. As for fishing Cherokee has a nice trout stream going thru their town. Since it's a reservation you would need to get a permit from them. Going thru Asheville, NC you can stop and tour the Biltmore, Boone, NC the Daniel Boone Inn or Woodlands BBQ in Blowing Rock, NC are great places to eat. We ride the BRP the most from Boone, NC south the Cherokee when heading to Gatlinburg via the Smoky Mtn. Parkway, 441.

Thanks for the information Pap. I was through Cherokee once and seemed to remember seeing a nice stream running on the east side of the main road. Will have to look into that when we go through there this time. We won't be there when the leaves change but I'm betting from what you and others have said it will be beautiful with plenty to see. Looking forward to it.

If time allows why not ride both of em. Since your in Nashville you can get on the trace ride to Hwy 72, go east you will pass a HD shop pretty quick. This will take you to I24 if you don't mind interstate riding. Going to the smokies, Cherokee. If you want to do back roads go through Red Bank just out of Chattanooga.
We go to Cherokee and Pigeon Forge several times a year.
be careful of your speed on the trace as they will get you if over 2 mph of the speed limit. Great ride. If I was just going to do just one I would do the Brp.

If time allows why not ride both of em. Since your in Nashville you can get on the trace ride to Hwy 72, go east you will pass a HD shop pretty quick. This will take you to I24 if you don't mind interstate riding. Going to the smokies, Cherokee. If you want to do back roads go through Red Bank just out of Chattanooga.
be careful of your speed on the trace as they will get you if over 2 mph of the speed limit. Great ride. If I was just going to do just one I would do the Brp.

Yeah :Agree: Ride from Nashville to Lynchburg, TN and tour Jack Daniels (Free Tour) then head to Chattanooga. Next morning ride Hwy. 64 past the Olympic Whitewater Center over to Murphy, NC and then go north to Cherokee. It's absolutely beautiful from the Spring to Late Fall. Rivers, Lakes, Streams, Mountains everything.

Each year I take the Skyline drive/BRP/Cherohala Skyway home from Rolling Thunder - I never get tired of it.
I also like the "mini" Tail of the dragon in Arkansas called the Pig trail and of course Mt. Nebo = :AGGHH: not for the faint of heart. ThumbUp

That's a good idea, if time allows we might just do that. I had looked at that before and kind of forgot about doing it for some reason or another but looking at the map it looks like a good way to get from point A to point B with lots of scenery in between.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png