Calling all Bunkhouse Camper Owners

When I bought mine, Bunkhouse was located behind the O'Hara Airport. I decided to pick it up with my Chevy truck(about a 300 miles round trip).
I have a few different receivers so I put on one that drops down 4 inches.
Hooked it up and did the lights with a conversion piece.
Off we went back to Kiel, Wi.
Only problem I had was that I couldn't see the small camper ( ever though I have the electric extending mirrors) behind me so I had to keep that in mind.
If you do, you might consider a flag (like they use on bikes) to attach to the camper. At least you could see it was still there!!

I think running an ATV type of fiberglass flag pole off the rear (without the flag) would make backing the camper with the Tahoe much more manageable. The wife enjoys riding the trike, but shes not as into it as I am, so the truck option would likely afford more camping opportunities if you know what I mean. It's the "happy wife" thing ya know?

I would occasionally pull the Bunkhouse behind the truck back when I had a Ram 1500. It disappeared back there, and the first time I pulled it I took the tailgate off and could just barely see it. I sort of did as Randy is thinking and used 2 of the ATV poles at the rear corners, also without flags, set up with suction cups on the bottom to hold them on and a bracket attached to the pole that friction fit between the trailer body and the lid to hold them steady at the upper part of the trailer. Very easily removable, but secure and steady at highway speed. Wrapped the top foot or so with red reflector tape, and at night I attached a red glow stick to the top of each one so I knew where the corners were.

I also had a 16' tandem axle utility trailerat the time, and found out that backing the little camper was a lot harder than the big trailer. The short length between the hitch and the wheels made for very quick steering when reversing. 99% of the time I would get as close as I could to the set up spot, unhook and move the Bunhouse manually. It's all a moot point to us as the only vehicle we have now with a hitch is the trike.

I just found this forum and it seems like a good fit for me. I am on my 3rd trike and 2nd camper. I had 2 VW trikes and now own a Cobra (Renegade) trike. I owned a Bunkhouse trailer for a few years and thought it was a good trailer. When I bought my second trailer I bought an Aspen Classic because I thought it was a better fit for me. So far I am very happy with it.

I just found this forum and it seems like a good fit for me. I am on my 3rd trike and 2nd camper. I had 2 VW trikes and now own a Cobra (Renegade) trike. I owned a Bunkhouse trailer for a few years and thought it was a good trailer. When I bought my second trailer I bought an Aspen Classic because I thought it was a better fit for me. So far I am very happy with it.

Welcome to the forum. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png